Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've noticed my ride feels really bumpy. I had the bike for about a month now... only started noticing it about a week ago. It isn't the chain bc I feel it in neutral as well. Is it supposed to feel like this?

Even if I'm on a really smooth road..I feel like I'm going over bumps but there's nothing! The steering head nut is not loose btw. The wheels are balanced. Any ideas? Could it just be suspension not tuned well? I've tried to play around with it to no avail. Thanks.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
More than likely suspension. Start by setting every thing to stock settings then set your sag.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All done, read the suspension set up too. Still really bumpy... feels pretty much the same. I hate riding now... what could it be?? Could a bent fork do this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will lift the rear when I get home but do not have a front stand.

What exactly do you mean by bumpy? Can you describe the sensation? It is regular or irregular? Does it increase with speed? Have you carefully inspected your tires and wheels?
Bumpy as in the bike feels like it's going over a bunch of mini speed bumps constantly. It is irregular. Does not increase with speed, I feel it just as much when I'm going slow. What do I look for while inspecting?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts