Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys so here is the problem, I was riding my Yamaha r6 today. I took off from first gear really hard to 12-13k rpms then went to second gear for about 5 seconds then came to a stop to smell a burning smell. I get home and there are fluids squirted on my brake side header closest to fairing and it was smoking because my header was burning the fluid. I removed my fairing cleaned the header up and it seems it was my coolant line that may have squirted the fluid out but it was not leaking. Cleaned up the bike real good started the bike and let it warm up and revved it a few times no problems yet. But I looked into my exhaust(slip on with power commander) and it looks like there is a little gas in it or oil?(turns out it's condensation) Should I be worried or did I just ride the bike to hard. I did not redline it, it was maybe 12k-13k in first gear. If i cant figure out whats wrong i might just take it to the Stealership since it is still under warranty, though i don't think they will fall through with it since i have a PCV and slip on installed. I'll post pics, all help is greatly.

EDIT EDIT- so the question is why did the radiator hose squirt? Is this normal if the bike is under stress? Any can of info would help.

Attachments

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Bike is going to explode. You should just give it to me.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Ok guys so here is the problem, I was riding my Yamaha r6 today. I took off from first gear really hard to 12-13k rpms then went to second gear for about 5 seconds then came to a stop to smell a burning smell. I get home and there are fluids squirted on my brake side header closest to fairing and it was smoking because my header was burning the fluid. I removed my fairing cleaned the header up and it seems it was my coolant line that may have squirted the fluid out but it was not leaking. Cleaned up the bike real good started the bike and let it warm up and revved it a few times no problems yet. But I looked into my exhaust(slip on with power commander) and it looks like there is a little gas in it or oil? Should I be worried or did I just ride the bike to hard. I did not redline it, it was maybe 12k-13k in first gear. If i cant figure out whats wrong i might just take it to the Stealership since it is still under warranty, though i don't think they will fall through with it since i have a PCV and slip on installed. I'll post pics, all help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT- so I turned my bike on again and let it warm up and revved it a few times and turned it off, inside of exhaust seemed wet. Not sure if that is the catalytic converter doing its job or gas dumping down my pipes? I couldn't imagine a PCV MAP for a slip on dumping gas down my pipes. All help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Is this a new map?

It may just be condensation? :laugh

Are you looking for problems that aren't there? I used to do that when I first got my S...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts