Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
My R6 eats my girl!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a noob, we all have to start somewhere althought atleast i dont clame to know it and dont. Anyway i was trying to burn out the other day and im not sure if im doing it right or what you guys do, i held the front break in hard, and shifted through first gear, the only thing my bike did was the duck the front forks as the back end raised slightly other than that, my wheel did not spin. I am going to guess based on physics, i just needed to give it a little more gas, since less surface area of the tire was actually being used and it would have done it. Sound Right or am i way off ?

oh and by the way i found a sweet site the other day,
www.ratemycop.com you can submit officer reviews haha! thanks all

·
My R6 eats my girl!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys i really appreciate the seriuosness and help. Most people would have seen it as an oppurtunity to enlarge the size of their penises and pick on someone. You guys have real character to let me know the safety tips too!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
its a waste of a tire man...keep the wheel goin and it just spits hot rubber everywere and they're really not that cool lol

Go ride twisties...

But if you're heart is set on tryin to burn out then do what they said above and keep all your weight off, clutch out and give it gas.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
if you you like riding squared off tires go for it, i wouldn't recommend doing a burnout unless your about to put new tires on and want to make removal much easier. :popcorn: be sure to take video so we can watch !

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
Get the rpms up before you let the clutch out, and keep the rpms up. If the rpms are too low, you'll just fry the clutch. Happy burning and please take a video of it.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
ahoy there squid :rolleyes:

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
burn outs look cool but be careful man. my buddy was doing a burnout comp on some old tires well the tire blew and when it did it cought traction and well sent him flying to say the leist. he broke alot of bones that day.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
im a squid because i did a burnout, or because i have a mohawk? or maybe its the pants. i wasnt even riding that day. i trailored my bike and drop it off at the shop because i had errands to run. follow me into the twisties and then try to call me a squid.
i can hit the twisties pretty good myself there buddy lol. i guess it is kinda hasty to call ya a squid since i don't know what you do in traffic with your friends, i apologize. i just think burnouts are a waste of tires and aren't that impressive, usually it's kids trying to show off. (which isn't logical cause you can do a burnout in anything if you use the brakes) now drifting through corners without using brakes on a motorcycle, that is a more impressive way to waste your tires.

so if i said "ahoy there lad" would that suit you better? lol i actually like the helmet though, i was thinking of riding through traffic in a gorilla suit myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i can hit the twisties pretty good myself there buddy lol. i guess it is kinda hasty to call ya a squid since i don't know what you do in traffic with your friends, i apologize. i just think burnouts are a waste of tires and aren't that impressive, usually it's kids trying to show off. (which isn't logical cause you can do a burnout in anything if you use the brakes) now drifting through corners without using brakes on a motorcycle, that is a more impressive way to waste your tires.

so if i said "ahoy there lad" would that suit you better? lol i actually like the helmet though, i was thinking of riding through traffic in a gorilla suit myself.
hey man, no worries. just seems everyone is quick to use the term squid. i love my mohawk. my friends little girl wanted me to wear it, so i rock it mainly for her. i could put it beside my expensive shoei or icon, and the cheap ass z1r witht he mohawk gets more attention and compliments.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
yeah I have an stylish HJC with a gold shield and i get alot of compliments on that also, a nice helmet compliments any bike. does that mohawk make alot of wind noise? or do you just use it in the city? i'm thinking of doing some stuff to my helmet

·
Registered
103 Posts
yeah I have an stylish HJC with a gold shield and i get alot of compliments on that also, a nice helmet compliments any bike. does that mohawk make alot of wind noise? or do you just use it in the city? i'm thinking of doing some stuff to my helmet
honestly, i really dont notice it. it doesnt make any wind noise, and it doesn't catch wind. it came with suction cups, and it didnt look right stuck on, so i cut the cups off and "glued" it on using 3m weather strip adhesive since its my old helmet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts