Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i own a 2002 yamaha r6 and i am in desperate need of advice. I took my bike for a boot and the chain wipped off due to a loose front sprocket. As it came off it smashed into my crank case, breaking off a hole the size of a quarter. Now i took it to a machenic and to fix it they were giving me prices in the 2000+ doller range, because of all the labour in taking the engine apart and putting back together so i can either replace the crank casing or weld it back shut. So we took it a welder to see maybe if he could weld it from the outside and he said it cant be done due to the limited space and its gata be takin apart. Due to money issues i cant get it fixed that way so what i did was i applied jb weld around the hole and what seemed like a good fix turned out the opposite. as i started riding i sprung a leak and after resealing the hole it appeared ok for about 2 weeks of riding than, suddenly on the highway i sprung a leek again. Is there anyone who has delt with this issue and knows of a product or better way of fixing it?

Please and thank you for your advice

1 - 1 of 1 Posts