Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the cars where the mirrors fold in when they park... I want something like that on my bike, but rather.. control it via a switch on my handlebars so when I'm about to cut a narrow path thru the lanes, I can fold my mirrors in without having to reach out with my arm and do it.

Has anybody ever seen anything like this? I was looking around online for a while and couldn't find anyone who'd even thought of it before.

Seems to me it would be a great accessory. I don't know about you guys but I prefer to fold in my mirrors anytime I'm splitting lanes, I know they don't stick out as far as I feel like they do, but it makes me feel better. And having to do it manually leaves something to be desired safety wise, and ends up resulting in me just leaving them folded in more often than not just because I don't push them back out.

Got any fabricators in the house? I wanna build a prototype. :poke

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
In Before The Wrecked/Part Out Thread.
If you're worried about hitting mirrors while splitting traffic you probably shouldn't be splitting traffic let alone riding... :poke
Thread + Screen name = :laugh

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
If you're worried about hitting mirrors while splitting traffic you probably shouldn't be splitting traffic let alone riding... :poke
No kidding.

:bowroll

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
To the op question. No. Mike crash and high side with your Online names maybe you should park your rides as well. everybody the man just asked a question.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
dont get any idears with my screenname you hooliganz :lmao

OP... try putting a rear view cam on your bike or just the mirror off.

Motorized mirrors on bikes mean you want a goldwing not a sportbike.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
I don't really understand what you are laughing at. Avoiding mirror on mirror collision is the most difficult part of lane sharing for me too. The mirrors on my Tiger are pretty high and pretty wide and they tend to line up perfectly with SUV and truck mirrors.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
How much HP will this mod add?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
this im smart and your stupid is really hurting our sport. if you cant say something constructive then shut the hellup. and op, i wouldnt know how it would work, but the thought the wright bro's were stupid also. (flying! thats for the birds!) i hope wilbur gaveem the bird on his fly bye. peace.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I live by this motto. You say no and I say why not.children ask all kinda skit. You wanna tell a kid he's stupid. Who the hell thought cell phones were gonna catch on ? Computers for everybody ? There was a time the smart guys said the sun went around the moon. Op its all about the what's and why not. Peace

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
this im smart and your stupid is really hurting our sport. if you cant say something constructive then shut the hellup. and op, i wouldnt know how it would work, but the thought the wright bro's were stupid also. (flying! thats for the birds!) i hope wilbur gaveem the bird on his fly bye. peace.
Well part of the joshing around is that the OP admitted to being lazy and unsafe. At least he's not ambitious :lmao

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
or just take the mirrors off.

·
Registered
147 Posts
you know the mirrors easily fold down and stay in place right?

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
You misunderstand. Folding the mirrors in and out while moving takes his attention off the task at hand, which is piloting a motorcycle through freeway traffic. When he's done splitting lanes, he would rather just continue to concentrate on riding, rather than folding the mirrors back out and making sure they are adjusted properly on the go.

Since you are from Florida I can guess you don't spend a lot of time splitting through LA traffic. It's harrowing and requires 110% of your concentration to be done safely. Not having to worry about hitting your mirrors on anything can take a big load off so you can concentrate on the next car about to change lanes into you.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
You misunderstand. Folding the mirrors in and out while moving takes his attention off the task at hand, which is piloting a motorcycle through freeway traffic. When he's done splitting lanes, he would rather just continue to concentrate on riding, rather than folding the mirrors back out and making sure they are adjusted properly on the go.

Since you are from Florida I can guess you don't spend a lot of time splitting through LA traffic. It's harrowing and requires 110% of your concentration to be done safely. Not having to worry about hitting your mirrors on anything can take a big load off so you can concentrate on the next car about to change lanes into you.
Well I have done some lane splitting riding in Southern CA... and it felt good to do it "legal" as opposed to "white lining" I was normally doing in NY/NJ/FL. Problem was that I exceeded the speed limit allowed for said lane splitting in CA. I understand it takes ALOT of focus which is why I suggested the rear view cam. If I did commute between cars... Id have bark busters and all kinds of crash control parts. Probably a leatt brace too.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Doesn't your hands stick out wider than the mirrors? Sounds hard to rig up just to avoid mixing it manually, I'd suggest a different mirror set up. Maybe try looking at windshield wiper regulators. They are kinda big tho

1 - 20 of 25 Posts