Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just from this past weekend. Track is not as nice but the people I went with was AWESOME. And it's a trackday so I aint complainng. Still learning shift points, braking points et all on this track....hence not as smooth as I would like but that is all the learning curve to this sport of ours. No braking markers or apex markers unlike CVR. No editing skills so you get RAW VIDEO. And don't mind me in TURN 2...I am slow there coz it is special to me, LOL. I present to you....BUMPYWILLOW! Enjoy

http://youtu.be/yvZZ_xE2QFU?hd=1

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
That track is fun, but the front half pavement sucks... I love the wheelie bumps and the riverbend or whatever that corner is. The esses are kind of fun too. Good shit man, I still need to hit CVR.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts

·
Track Whore
314 Posts
Good stuff Rob! I was going to do Buttonwillow with TrackTastics since they did the promotion for $85, but end up going to Big Willow with Motoyard. I heard it's a bumpy track. I'm hoping to do Chuckwalla in winter. :)

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I try to stay away from BW because the track is in horrible condition and yes it is very bumpy right at turn 3 and 4 then again right before Riverside (the sweeper). But with great people, it was a good time nonetheless. I've been to Big Willow but I did not like it at all. For liter bikes, yes but for our 600 is really not as fun of a track. Fast speed and balls out is what I think every time someone says Big Willow. Button is fun if you've been there and know the track well.

I suggest definitely going to CVR. Well worth your money. Since you've ridden the track already, try Socal Track Riders. Open session but I must warn you that there will be racers that would zoom by you. I run a comfortable pace and some folks still ZOOM by me during trackdays and usually they are just sanbaggers. But SOCAL is an open session so there will be some REALLY fast riders on there with full professional setup.

I am not very good with editing videos. This old man is outdated. Here is a video I TRIED to add music to and change it up a bit. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rCKq5sK90E&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Awesome man...I have been watching you progress while I am deployed lol. Keep the vids coming and I like the camera angle you used. Oh, the editing wasn't that bad at all. :toocool:

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome man...I have been watching you progress while I am deployed lol. Keep the vids coming and I like the camera angle you used. Oh, the editing wasn't that bad at all. :toocool:
So, you've been watching me! LOL. Thanks. Which branch? I am pretty sure they are pulling you out of there soon, when is the question. Where are you stationed at?

Well I've got a few more TD scheduled for this year. I found a couple of angles I am going to mount my GoPro at. Stay safe out there Brother. If you are in San Diego, hit me up for a TD or two. I am always down for one.

Robin

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
I am in the AF deployed with the Army right now. I am stationed at Wright Pat, Ohio. I had plans to go to the Mid Ohio track this summer since I have never been, but that can cancelled for obvious reasons.

I wish I was near CA, it looks like you guys have all the fun.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in the AF deployed with the Army right now. I am stationed at Wright Pat, Ohio. I had plans to go to the Mid Ohio track this summer since I have never been, but that can cancelled for obvious reasons.

I wish I was near CA, it looks like you guys have all the fun.
Yes we do. I would have gone to another TD this weekend but I have to take a few weeks off since I will be hitting the track weekend after weekend through November starting late August. Then again, there is a TD next weekend at Streets of Willow...UNDER THE LIGHTS. TD at night should be fun. Guess we will see. LOL. If we go, then the videos would be very interesting.

Robin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts