Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I'm going back to BW this season. I'm saving up for two days at Laguna though :flex:
That's awesome. :YEA

We keep saying we are going to head out to other tracks...and then we signed up for all three days with Let's Ride. :sing We'll see what happens come November. :cheers

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I need to get out there and give it a shot, but I hear nothing but bad at Bumpy Willow.

You guys need to get down to some of the other SoCal tracks!

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yesterday was a great day! :YEA My first day in the intermediate group...definitely one of the slower one but I feel like that is where I belong for sure. So glad we had a garage as it was a HOT day! But overall one of my (if not the) best day I have had out at the track. :YEA

I need to get out there and give it a shot, but I hear nothing but bad at Bumpy Willow.

Then you are talking to the wrong people! :thumbdown The only negative is that is is super bumpy...but you learn where the bumps are and which ones to not worry about. Plus, their facilities are really great for the price. :cheers

I used to dislike Buttonwillow when I first started tracking my car there but now it is my favorite. I have no interest in Big Willow, Streets weather is just too unpredictable, California Speedway (and Laguna) are too expensive...especially since my husband and I both go! and we have yet to get out to Chuckwalla. We keep saying we will but it just has not happened yet...maybe November.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Yesterday was a great day! :YEA My first day in the intermediate group...definitely one of the slower one but I feel like that is where I belong for sure. So glad we had a garage as it was a HOT day! But overall one of my (if not the) best day I have had out at the track. :YEA

Then you are talking to the wrong people! :thumbdown The only negative is that is is super bumpy...but you learn where the bumps are and which ones to not worry about. Plus, their facilities are really great for the price. :cheers

I used to dislike Buttonwillow when I first started tracking my car there but now it is my favorite. I have no interest in Big Willow, Streets weather is just too unpredictable, California Speedway (and Laguna) are too expensive...especially since my husband and I both go! and we have yet to get out to Chuckwalla. We keep saying we will but it just has not happened yet...maybe November.
The weather at Willow Springs is totally predictable! If it's summer it will be hot as balls. If it's anything other than summer, it will cold as a witch's titty and ridiculously windy. :laugh

I really need to give Buttonwillow a shot and form my own opinion. There's a bunch of tracks that are closer that are similarly priced and not notoriously bumpy though - so it's kind of a tough sell.

Tracktactics has been having some KILLER deals on days at Auto Club lately, which make it comparable to other tracks (a specially if you're coming for the whole weekend). You should try to get out there - it's a really fun track with great facilities. Also, no bumps.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The weather at Willow Springs is totally predictable! If it's summer it will be hot as balls. If it's anything other than summer, it will cold as a witch's titty and ridiculously windy. :laugh

I really need to give Buttonwillow a shot and form my own opinion. There's a bunch of tracks that are closer that are similarly priced and not notoriously bumpy though - so it's kind of a tough sell.

Tracktactics has been having some KILLER deals on days at Auto Club lately, which make it comparable to other tracks (a specially if you're coming for the whole weekend). You should try to get out there - it's a really fun track with great facilities. Also, no bumps.
I almost got taken out by a big tumble weed last time I was at Streets! It was SO windy...I think I only rode 2 or 3 sessions. And only rode that much because Mike Pond was instructing me and I did not want to give up that opportunity. :cheers

I will check out Tracktactic. :cheers I have been there in my car (and did really enjoy the track) I just stopped looking so much because of the price.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u should've registered for the Laguna Yamaha days :fact

Regardless, trackdays are the awesome
Anytime they run a cheap Yamaha day there I never catch it until it is full...or it is a weekend I can't make.

It is nice that Mazda and Yamaha are the two big names there...seeing as I have one of each. :D We did a cheap(ish) Miata only day a few years back. So rad. :YEA Of course we did not see the last one until it was full. :thumbdown

I have sooooooome reservations about hitting Laguna on my bike. I went a little in the dirt down the corkscrew in my Miata and have a slight fear of doing the same thing on my bike. :eek5

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Anytime they run a cheap Yamaha day there I never catch it until it is full...or it is a weekend I can't make.

It is nice that Mazda and Yamaha are the two big names there...seeing as I have one of each. :D We did a cheap(ish) Miata only day a few years back. So rad. :YEA Of course we did not see the last one until it was full. :thumbdown

I have sooooooome reservations about hitting Laguna on my bike. I went a little in the dirt down the corkscrew in my Miata and have a slight fear of doing the same thing on my bike. :eek5
I'm in the C - beginners group, gonna be taking it very easy. First trackday in almost 2 years.

TRUTH!!! :YEA

I can already tell I am heading in the direction of not riding on the street anymore. :sing At least not with my R6.
:yes

·
Registered
109 Posts

Button Willow is only rough in one spot, everywhere else is pretty good. All you have to do is ride the rough spots a little slower until you get used to it. The price makes Button Willow worth it in my opinion, plus it is better than most streets. The best part about Button Willow is huge amounts of runoff and the price.

I will be there on the 29th. I can't wait.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts