Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am new here from Australia. My long time wish (like any other motorbike lover) is to get an R6.
Previously owned Yamaha Rx135, Ninja400 and Mt-09. Never owned/ridden an aggressive super sport earlier. Two questions I would like to get the forum member's help.

1. 2014 R6 with just under 500 km. Looks stock (not even a single scratch and properly serviced by previous owner as advertised by reputable dealer). Is it worth to buy this. If yes, I am planning to get a certified mechanic inspection as I have limited knowledge.
2. Although I owned a Mt-09 for few months earlier, I am bit afraid to buy R6 if I could handle. I am 5 feet 7inches. But have gained lot of weight since I owned MT09. Previously used to be in 82kgs but now I am weighing 96kgs.

My usage would be occasional ride to office through highways and weekend rides (both will not be more than 40 mins single way). Since R6 is discontinued, and the latest model is out of my reach, I wish to buy an older model and maintain it like a collectable.

· Registered
168 Posts
Hello,

1- Idk, 500km for an 8 year old bike does seems sketchy; I´m sure i atleast did that milage the day i bought my bikes, i even think i rode some of my friends bikes for longer then that, not saying it´s impossible, but it´s too low IMO. ill just leave it like that.

2 - You are my height, but i only weight 71KG, i daily my R6 and track/Race the new gen R1, you will be fine. (no lowering on both)

And as a side note, not always the "newest" is the best, actually, the 08-09 R6, is the most powerful R6 ever made. that year, has the most HP/KW from factory out of all years/engines. Hence why i never upgraded mine LOL.

· Registered
2008 Yellow Flame R6R
156 Posts
Yeah 500km (300 miles) is way too low for that year bike. That’s a brand new bike, but for 1 owner still doesn’t make sense. You might have issues because it hasn’t been ridden hardly at all. I bought my ‘08 with 8,000 miles and I thought that was low back in 2020.
I’m 75 kg and same height you should be able to tippy toe the bike. Just learn to stop with 1 foot.

I agree with Outside World. 2008/2009 are the best years IMO🙂

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah 500km (300 miles) is way too low for that year bike. That’s a brand new bike, but for 4 owners doesn’t make sense. You might have issues because it hasn’t been ridden hardly at all. I bought my ‘08 with 8,000 miles and I thought that was low back in 2020.
I’m 75 kg and same height you should be able to tippy toe the bike. Just learn to stop with 1 foot.

I agree with Outside World. 2008/2009 are the best years IMO🙂
Hi Whoang40,
The dealer says bike has been owned by single owner and he had ridden it only for getting it serviced.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

1- Idk, 500km for an 8 year old bike does seems sketchy; I´m sure i atleast did that milage the day i bought my bikes, i even think i rode some of my friends bikes for longer then that, not saying it´s impossible, but it´s too low IMO. ill just leave it like that.

2 - You are my height, but i only weight 71KG, i daily my R6 and track/Race the new gen R1, you will be fine. (no lowering on both)

And as a side note, not always the "newest" is the best, actually, the 08-09 R6, is the most powerful R6 ever made. that year, has the most HP/KW from factory out of all years/engines. Hence why i never upgraded mine LOL.
Thank you Outside world.
I spoke with dealer today, he is not allowing a test ride stating the bike has very low kms(175km) and he wanted to increase that as he feels this will attract buyers. I am bit skeptical with his words. I am planning to arrange a mechanic to inspect.
I am also considering another private sales of 2014 R6 with 10k on odo. But the seller has quoted high price tag for this. need to negotiate with him.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, Unfortunately I am not going with this low Km bike as the dealer is very firm with the price (quoting 2020 R6 price for this 2014 model just because it hasn't been ridden).
I am planning to go after other advertised bikes.
Do you guys advise to buy a 2016 model with 22k Kms on clock. This one is well maintained and priced reasonably too.
My average usage would be roughly 6-7k kms per year.

· Registered
4,111 Posts
Congrats. 😎
I'm in the market as well.
R6 prices here are sdubid right now.
Most are asking above MSRP for used bikes.
Trying to get one seller to understand how ridiculous it is to ask for $1600 over MSRP for a used bike that's been dropped. Low mileage ain't everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts