Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
It'll make Ya' blind!
753 Posts
Welcome:)

Go to your local yammerhaw shop and look around: last time I went there was a few left overs for the budget you have...

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
I'd buy it for $7

;)

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
I'd buy it for $7

;)
Damnit :comp read my mind.

I'd pass, you have no clue how it has been ridden in those 14k miles. And no, he 99.9999999% most likely does not change his oil every 2k miles. The chain already needs replacement, probably due to lack of proper lubrication and cleaning.

I got my r6 with 1700 miles, new battery and oil change (that day, by a dealer, on his dime), with an aftermarket exhaust, delivered to me on a trailer, from 4 hours away.. for $6000.

Keep looking. Or go look for dealer leftovers; then you actually know what your getting.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Hey there, are you from baltimore or st. louis? I'm in the baltimore area so ill let you know if i find any for sale.

Is this your first bike?

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
if you could get that for 6k it would be a solid deal

my chain lasted me 26k(still had more to go but wanted to do 520) through rain and shine and wheelie abuse...so i doubt 2k oil changes were done....he could have but that would be a shocker honestly...have a good shop check it out and go from there

but you could find a newer bike out there for that price

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey there, are you from baltimore or st. louis? I'm in the baltimore area so ill let you know if i find any for sale.

Is this your first bike?
Not my first bike. I'm temporarily in St. Louis but coming back to the 410 within the year. Looking for a bike that I'll keep for a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damnit :comp read my mind.

I'd pass, you have no clue how it has been ridden in those 14k miles. And no, he 99.9999999% most likely does not change his oil every 2k miles. The chain already needs replacement, probably due to lack of proper lubrication and cleaning.

I got my r6 with 1700 miles, new battery and oil change (that day, by a dealer, on his dime), with an aftermarket exhaust, delivered to me on a trailer, from 4 hours away.. for $6000.

Keep looking. Or go look for dealer leftovers; then you actually know what your getting.
I find plenty like this ...http://www.phillipsprocycle.com/catalog.php?item=943 but older and more expensive. Hard to find a good deal around here. No doubt these dealer bikes are guaranteed to be in great shape though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thy plenty of quality bikes around here in baltimore for sale. You trying to get it before you come back
yea man ride of the century is right here in STL and I always wanted to go out for it. Its much harder to find bikes out here though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts