Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a first time rider, and lookin for an r6 in the next 2 weeks, i want somehwere around 03-04 (used). Those of you who a lot about these bikes, please tell me if i should look out for anything, and pointers here or there...really appreciate it. HOw much should i be paying around also for a used 03 or 04.... thank you

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I recently bought a new 04 for around 7400, but also came across an 04 with a few mods for 6500...as it gets later in the season, the prices should start to drop a bit..

·
IQ = Post Count
1,731 Posts
Prices vary, but if the bike is used, I'd definitely take it for a spin and check for things like how smoothly it shifts, turns etc. Also, if the previous owner liked to do wheelies, check out the forks for evidence of leaky seals (from coming down too hard), glance at the rotors, brake pads, sprockets (for the "chainsaw" effect"). Check the chain tightness, if it's loose or rusty, little things like that reflects on how well someone takes care of their shiznit (ie If he neglects the chain, then what else?) Check the oil, see if it's really dark or low, maybe he didn't change it often enough, or likes to run the bike low on oil. Look underneath for signs of scraping or whatever.

Just look the whole thing over and don't rush yourself on buying a bike.

Oh yeah, check to see if he has an extended warranty (Y.E.S), because it's transferable.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it's an '03 make sure that Denso coils have been replaced with the Mitsubishi's (ask to see the reciept - you can also visually verify if you know what to look for). Price will vary depending on your geographic location... but expect to pay around $7000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.