Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say there is an r6 privately for sale at 5000 dollars. The Trade in value is at 4000 and the retail value from a dealer is at 6000. What is a reasonable price or offer a buyer should make. This has always questioned me. Normally isnt it half the difference between the retail and trade in value, added on to the trade in value?

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
It all depends on year, miles and condition. Book doesnt really mean anything, market averages do. What are the details on the bike?

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Book will help him get a good deal on it if. I got a great deal on my 00 just by mentioning that the book value was less then the asking price.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It actually not an r6. I posted it as an r6 on the forum, but i actually think i found a great deal on a Honda CBR 600RR. Year is 2004, Micron Race exhaust, fender eliminator, flush mount blinkers in front. Bike has just over 9000 miles. I would love an R6, but they are hard to find not beat on, and i came across this bike. What should i offer this guy?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
thats hella high for an 02.........matter of fact thats what i paid for my 04!

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
thats hella high for an 02.........matter of fact thats what i paid for my 04!
:werd

I would offer the CBR guy 4500 and see what he says. If he does not accept I would not pay more than 5 grand for the bike. This is my .02 if you feel good about it then go for it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
well it depends on the location here in MA the market seems much higher than say a florida area. MY bike with everything from a stealership was $7000 thats a 05 R6 raven.
However ive seen the same bike in other parts of the country go for $5500 and such. depends on everything private,dealer, miles, dropped or not. thats what i have picked up in my searching the past few months.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right, well this cbr is pretty clean other than the flushmount blinkers on the front are broken for some reason. Other than that the bike is flawless. And its a private seller.

I offered a guy with an 03 cbr 600rr all stock except fender eliminator 4500 and the guy laughed at me and said no. The bike had 17,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hmmm interesting 17k thats higher for that type of bike here. mainly because we can only ride roguhly 5 months a year. (comfortably) But yea idk i think if u just be patient and keep looking something will pop up. Do u have liek a local want ad or anything?
or try crazedlist.org for your area. Its a search for Craigslist but it lets u search multiple markets at once.
And widen your search i was willing to drive 150ish miles to get my bike if it was the right deal. However i ended up finding mine at the dealer ~5miles away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well it depends on the location here in MA the market seems much higher than say a florida area. MY bike with everything from a stealership was $7000 thats a 05 R6 raven.
However ive seen the same bike in other parts of the country go for $5500 and such. depends on everything private,dealer, miles, dropped or not. thats what i have picked up in my searching the past few months.
florida is way higher...thats where i live...ive seen bikes sich as a 05 cbr600rr with 9000 miles on it go for 7 grand...ther market is ridiculous high. i bought my 07 2 weeks ago for 10,200 out the door...for a damn 07!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
florida is way higher...thats where i live...ive seen bikes sich as a 05 cbr600rr with 9000 miles on it go for 7 grand...ther market is ridiculous high. i bought my 07 2 weeks ago for 10,200 out the door...for a damn 07!
Holy shit! I'm in Oklahoma, I got mine for $8,200 OTD a month ago. I even saw some for $7500-$7800 but they were too far away.

·
Registered
107 Posts
lets see i got a 05 with 9k never modified all stock and i paid $7000 otd.
buddy of mine just bought a 08 R6s Brandy NEw he put on first mile for $8250 OTD.
soo idk maybe its just bikes in general are high.
If you can wait just buy one from the northeast in like November when no one is riding and eveyrone is thinking they can use the extra cash by selling their bike.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well fellas i think i found the right starter bike! I have come across a 2001 R6. It has 18,000 miles, one owner, which the guy is a 36 year old that used it to commute from work and back. The bike is bone stock besides flush mount blinkers, and fender eliminator. Only a small stone chip in front. Im pretty sure im going to pick the bike up for 4200, including 2 bike stands, and a joe rocket mesh jacket. What you guys think. Should i pounce on this one?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts