Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have finalised to buy a new 2009 r6 from gpsports, san jose and the dealer is giving it for 8.5K. Is it a deal worth, or should i just go ahead and buy a 2011 one.
i guess there is not much diff between 2009 vs 2011. also how much can I bargain with the dealer and what are the things to ask him like:
1\ any free servicing
2\ any free accessories/toolbox
3\ waive of any proccessing fees

I am first time rider, just got my M1 last month, so any suggestions regarding insurance are welcome.

Thanks,

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts
was the $8,500 out-the-door and inclusive of everything? if so, what color? do share...

* 2009, 2010, 2011 = all very similar. just diff color schemes- so pick the color u like.
* www.ridewithmcgraw.com has decent insurance rates for new riders.
* get some no-cut frame sliders and some rear ones too if u can.

everyone's skills are different. but, most ppl here would say that the r6 is a lotta bike for a first time rider... do be careful and be safe...

let us know what u decide and how the deal turns out.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Ask him to throw in a Shoei or Arai helmet!

Most dealers always throw in a helmet. At least here in NYC they do. I got a decent HJC, a bike cover and they gave me 2 disk locks. I should have asked for more, because I bought 2 new bikes that day.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
bought my 09 2 years ago for 8 otd... def. see if something can be thrown in

Most dealers always throw in a helmet. At least here in NYC they do. I got a decent HJC, a bike cover and they gave me 2 disk locks. I should have asked for more, because I bought 2 new bikes that day.

SoCal is a complete different market, sportbikes are ALWAYS in demand unlike the northeast, hence pricing is also a bit higher

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I think thats a great deal I would do it! The only thing I would say is that blue bikes tend to resell for less for some reason so if it was a blue one I would try to go down some.

·
San Jose Sharks..!!
482 Posts
I would only pay 8.5 for an 09 if it was OTD. Even less if it was a slow color. What color are you looking at, and are you in a rush to buy? I might be able to hook you up if my boy has any 09's left in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys,

I am not totally new but riding 150cc for 10 yrs in my home country, yeah but i know its different here.. esp with r6 :)
i am getting blue one, that too has a small scratch on headlight, which dealer said happened during handling.. 8.5 k is base price without taxes etc.

·
Is it Spring yet?
113 Posts
Thanks guys,

I am not totally new but riding 150cc for 10 yrs in my home country, yeah but i know its different here.. esp with r6 :)
i am getting blue one, that too has a small scratch on headlight, which dealer said happened during handling.. 8.5 k is base price without taxes etc.

oh damn, there's a scratch?
definitely would ask him to lower it just out of principle.

I have the blue one too :)

good choice.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Thanks guys,

India???

That is way over priced imo, especially with defects. A dealership in OH where 2010s are $7699, shipping maybe $500, blue one, and you still save on dealer crap fees like prep charges etc, jusr pay ttl in ur state. I'm not sure if they are CA emissions legal tho', you could ask them yourself. Hona East Toledo, google FTW

MSF course to learn to ride again on bigger bikes!!!

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi guys,

Finally got my clean new blue R6 from PCP Motorsports, Sacramento for 9K OTD !
Regarding insurance what is the limits ppl take. I am thinkin of
1. Bodily Injury - 50k - 100k - 50k
2. Comprehensive - 500k deductible
3. Collision - 500k deductible

For the accessories which are the good discount shops in bay area. I am thinking of shoei helmet and a black yamaha jacket.

Thanks,

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Hi guys,

Finally got my clean new blue R6 from PCP Motorsports, Sacramento for 9K OTD !
Regarding insurance what is the limits ppl take. I am thinkin of
1. Bodily Injury - 50k - 100k - 50k
2. Comprehensive - 500k deductible
3. Collision - 500k deductible

For the accessories which are the good discount shops in bay area. I am thinking of shoei helmet and a black yamaha jacket.

Thanks,
hope for ur sake the coverage is $500k, not the deductible :laugh

for that price you should've gotten some gear free with the bike.

post some pics ehn u get a chance

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts
Contests & post pix when u can :)

that said, $9k otd seems a bit high tho... What was ur sales price, and did the $9k include any extras like extended warranties?

Ur insurance sounds good. Just the rt amount... Ride safely...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts