Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy a new 2008 r6 and wanted to see if that is right for me. Height might be a problem for me as my inseam is only 30" and the seat is 33.5" high. I know that the bike can be lowered, but I know it will mess up the suspension geometry and there is always the option of cutting the seat and that will lower the seat height about 1" to 1.5". I'm 5'8" tall and seeing if anyone with my height is having problems moving around on their feet. Also, how much dose a new 2008 r6 cost out the door? I know the dealer gets it from the factory for 8233 with freight and they get 3% back from yamaha. MSRP is 9566.00

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
i know that suzukis sit low but then ur stuck with a gixxer :throwup. the only problems u'll ever have is backing up or sitting at lights. both are no big deal. just make sure never to park with the nose pointed down a slope. where did u get that dealer price from? i'm kinda interested since i'm shopping for a bike right now. best price OTD i've gotten is $9400 but that's before we sat down and got serious. i'm shooting for about $9200

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the information online from cyclebuy.com Had to pay 14 something for a copy of the dealer's invoice. Here it is in detail...

Dealer Invoice Report
2008 YZF-R6
List Price: $9599 Blue/White, Silver or Raven
List Price: $9799 Yellow w/flames
Dealer Invoice: $8183 Blue/White, Silver or Raven
Dealer Invoice: $8349 Yellow w/flames
Dealer invoice price includes $216 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.
Assembly Cost: $50 per Yamaha pricesheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.
There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.
Ready to sell cost: $8233 Blue/White, Silver or Raven
Ready to sell cost: $8399 Yellow w/flames
This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.
Wholesale Incentives: none at this time
Retail Incentives: none at this time
The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.
Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
5'8 is fine

i'm 5'8 and dont have any problems at all. I cant flatfoot it but with both feet down i'll have the balls of my feet on the ground. At stop lights i just put one foot down though. No need to modify it in any way. You'll be fine

·
Registered
394 Posts
5'8 is fine

i'm 5'8 and dont have any problems at all. I cant flatfoot it but with both feet down i'll have the balls of my feet on the ground. At stop lights i just put one foot down though. No need to modify it in any way. You'll be fine
I'm the exact same...5'-7.5". Yes, I'm a half in shorter, but have no issues stopping. Parking can be an issue at times especially if it is a sloped parking lot, but other than that, no major problems with the height...

·
r6less
33 Posts
Now THATS how you become a part of the forum!

Awesome addition, people have been looking for that information around here for a long time. Just about what i thought they would pay...

Good, now i have some leverage at the stealership!

BTW: Bookmarked cyclebuy.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, for the replies. Copy and paste the dealer invoice where ever is fitting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts