Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get new tires on my bike. I am really new to these bikes and unsure what to get. A buddy of mine recommended the Pirelli Diablosport Strata's. I found them from Motorcyclesuperstore.com for about $240 shipped.

What tires do you all run? I do a lot of daily driving with my bike. To and from work, out on the weekends doing some twisties... so I need an all around good tire, nothing pure race, nothing hard as a rock. Know what I mean? I did a search of the forums and couldn't find a thread like this, so how about we start one now?

Help me out please. Lookin for quick responses, cause I want to buy them while I have the extra $$$$ layin around for them.

Thanks

Patrick

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Personally, I run Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa Pro, Diablo SuperCorsa, and Michelin Power Race. From what you describe, Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 and Michelin Pilot Power 2CT should be two good options for you.

·
Its in the 10's now
680 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you want something to last alittle longer but great for canyon riding then get the 2CT's. I personally like the DCIII's better but they dont last as long at the 2CT's but they are dual compound as well. The DCIII's dual compound area is bigger than the 2CT's.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
The Pilot Power 2CT has the same center compound as the regular Pilot Power, it just has a softer compound on the extreme edges. The Pilot Road 2 has a harder compound in the center for the boring bits but sides that are comparable to the regular Pilot Power for the fun bits. It will also last a lot longer than the regular Pilot Power or the 2CT.

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I'm partial to Pilot Powers myself, I just got a 2ct, and I like it so far. If your ordering from the superstore, I hope you don't need tires, I've ordered like 10 tires from that place, and they are progressively getting slower. I ordered a new front tire on the 15th, and it was just shipped out on the 21st and isn't going to be here till the 30th. I had to email them and ask them what was going on because they didn't even process my order. I'll just order from that site in advance however because they are the cheapest around :)

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I posted this question on a few other forums I belong to and it seems that everyone is saying Pilot Power 2ct. are the way to go.... gonna do a little more research and then decide. More input is always welcome :)

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I have Corsa IIIs on my bike and I love them. Ive put about 4000 miles on them and the rear tire has about 30% of its tread left. 65 percent of the miles on my bike are riding flat & straight roads around town. I spend the rest of the time in the twisties and mountain roads here in Salt Lake and the softer compund on the outside is great. I would strongly reccomend them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts