302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clear Alternatives Integrator for the 2001-2002 R6

PRO's
-Cheap-$83 shipped compared to over $250 for customLED
-Very bright, brighter then stock
-Very visible yellow signals
-Very easy install, minor electical knowledge required
-Came complete with everything including resistors, connectors, splicers etc..
-Look like OEM just brand new

CON's
-Had like an adhesive on the lens when I recieved it, not noticable at all, just annoying, looked like someone spilt somethin on it, its only dime size though?
-Chintzy resistors, didn't use them
-Could have had better instruction but very simple otherwise

I'm more then satisified and amazed from the quality and brightness compared to what I've heard like "its not that bright"

A+ :boob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ahh.. Someone else who agrees they are brighter!! I do love mine too.. I didnt use the resistor, so no problem there.. IMO It doesnt require an instruction manual.. Thats the first mod I did to my bike, and Id NEVER touched a bike before, not even to remove a fairing or pipe or license plate bracket.. It just requires some common sense, which every rider should have :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
i love my CA tail light....just did the mod this winter to upgrade to an 01-02 undertail and the install was simple...i didnt use those crappy resistors either but fits and looks great! i also had heard they were not as bright and i think they are very bright but on the other hand i have not seen another integrated tail light next to mine yet. but anything was better than my 99-00 tail light i had........later

·
Registered
586 Posts
oliverclothesov said:
i love my CA tail light....just did the mod this winter to upgrade to an 01-02 undertail and the install was simple...i didnt use those crappy resistors either but fits and looks great! i also had heard they were not as bright and i think they are very bright but on the other hand i have not seen another integrated tail light next to mine yet. but anything was better than my 99-00 tail light i had........later
I second all that, I love mine too.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
[quote='01R6]Chintzy resistors, didn't use them[/quote]

I didn't use the resistors when I first installed the integrator but after 3 months of the fast flash, I decided to try them out. Although they don't seem like much or all that great, they do what they are supposed to do and I have no complaints after installing them. If they send the resistors with the kit... then why not use them? Unless of course you want the fast flash.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RedRocket said:
[quote='01R6]Chintzy resistors, didn't use them
I didn't use the resistors when I first installed the integrator but after 3 months of the fast flash, I decided to try them out. Although they don't seem like much or all that great, they do what they are supposed to do and I have no complaints after installing them. If they send the resistors with the kit... then why not use them? Unless of course you want the fast flash.[/quote]

I didn't use them because I have Greggs flushmounts, and I halfto buy resistors for them, and when I did use the resistors to even see if they would work for the integrator, it didn't work because I had LED's up front with the Greggs. So I just decided to buy some new ones because I was going to need them anyway,

·
My R6 is a Panty Dropper!
20 Posts
I installed the CA integrator kit on my 05 R6 last week also. I think its well worth the price ($94). The brightness is as good as stock IMO. The only bad thing I can think of is that 2 people have told me that when I turn my blinkers on, they give off a greenish hue. It doesn't really bother me though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gtracerh said:
I installed the CA integrator kit on my 05 R6 last week also. I think its well worth the price ($94). The brightness is as good as stock IMO. The only bad thing I can think of is that 2 people have told me that when I turn my blinkers on, they give off a greenish hue. It doesn't really bother me though.
Yeah it doesn't bother me at all really, you mix red/yellow=green, ohs well. My buddy also told me when he's a ways behind me, and I have my brakes and signal on, it's not as visible, but since I usually pulse my brake lights every stop, the cop will see it good enough to know I'm signaling

1 - 8 of 8 Posts