Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my first trackday started as bad as it finished. 8.00am went to pick up the LWB van i ordered from a "mates" hire company. he'd been on the piss, and had not come in, and the other guys hadn't been told anything so no van. Luckily i called a friend who let me use one of his trucks.
We all decided to go to Cadwell the day before the trackday, because it was a four hour drive, i had already booked my B&B, so we load all the gear and set out at 2pm.
We then hit some heavy traffic on the motorway, i reach for the map to find another route. CRASH. I tail end this cockney blokes car, we pull over he starts acting like he's dying, we look at the back of his crappy mazda and the bumper is slightly cracked. i offer to pay cash for the repair... "NO NO I'M GOING THOUGH THE INSURANCE" was the responce. ok we exchange details and get back on the road.
We finally get to cadwell at about 7pm start unloading the bikes and gear. CRASH. One of the other lads with us slips off the ramp and ends up with a cracked front fairing. After unloading th rest of the gear, we decided to go out for a drink. luckily i don't drink , because when i left the rest of the lads to go to bed at 11pm, they were talking about going on to night clubs.
Got up at 6am headed down to the track at 8am and there were a lot of lads with headaches and hangovers. Because it was my first trackday and didn't know the course i was in the novice group, i lent my mates tyre warmers so was able to push from the start. after about five minutes i'd forgot about the worry of crashing my bike and was going for it, undertaking, overtaking and outbraking everyone the only person to overtake me was the two riding marshals.
After that session one of the marshals asked how many trackdays had i done when i told him that this was my first he moved me up to the Intermediate group. After the Advanced group finished i decided to blag my way back into the novice group then carry on into the intermediate group, so i did two twenty minute sessions back2back and was completly knackered. Then there was a accident in the next advanced group, which took up abit of time, i stayed out of the next novice group and had an amazing "race" with someone on a GSXR750 in the next session.
When our group came around again I rode down to the gate by the track waiting for them to let everyone onto the track, it was taking some time so i turned my engine off, when they finally opened the gate i turned my key pressed my start button and nothing happened, my bike was turning over but wouldn't start, i checked the petrol,that was ok, so some of the other lads came over to have a look, but noone could find the problem.
We rolled the bike back to the paddock and some of the bike engineers started to take a look, after about two hours of stripping out the alarm, PCIII and other things they finally gave up,and that was the end of my days riding. I was gutted it was only 1pm and only did 4 sessions out of a possible 8 or 9, i was that pissed off i loaded up my bike and gear and went back to the B&B grab the rest of the gear from there and headed home.
So for an hour and twenty minutes riding, i'v got to fix my bike and some cockney bloke is hammering my insurance and i'v got no bike for the rest of the holidays. anyway here are some pics of the day.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Sorry about the bad luck man. The pics look good though. I am jonesing to get back on the track.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i loved it, thinking about taking my bike off the road and just using it for trackdays/racing

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i can't wait until i grow big enough balls to take it to the track.

although i always hear that track ruins street riding, kinda sucks to think that to enjoy riding again you have to shell out 100+ bux not including lodging, and all that other stuff.

but one of these days... i'm :hump :hump :hump penfold's sister... one of these days..... :hammer

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my mate just came around on his R1,just took it for a blast, ur right it didn't feel the same as riding on the track

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man that really does suck, but atleas you can say you have been on a track. i am so jonsin for a track day. and your story aint helpin any dammit :cheers

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yo don't let it put you off, i'v already booked my next trackday, Oulton Park 30th JUNE. and i'v also learned a few things

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
its defenitly not puttin me off. even after i laid my bike down i still want to go. just gotta find some extra money for some good tires and all the other stuff i need to pay for dammit, now where did that winning lotto ticket go :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
loki1313 said:
its defenitly not puttin me off. even after i laid my bike down i still want to go. just gotta find some extra money for some good tires and all the other stuff i need to pay for dammit, now where did that winning lotto ticket go :mrgreen:

you should just get some race fairing from me loki :mrgreen: and whoever else.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
RSixxr said:
loki1313 said:

you should just get some race fairing from me loki :mrgreen: and whoever else.
wish i could, but i need headlights and such so i can ride on the streets. i dont have the money to race my bike exclusively yet.
:mrgreen:
also BRAVO, what tires you using on your bike for the track :?:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
diablos. I think they r the best road going tyre, and still perform on the track

·
Registered
886 Posts
those are some sweet pictures and for being your first day on the track nice nice big props there .. hope you get your bike up and runnning soon and get some more cool as pictures of you on the track carving the pavement ...

G

·
Sorry to here about the bad luck. Nice pictures. I wont go to the track until I go to the california superbike school.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey bravo,

must have had some bad curse Cadwell Park....!

i was there racing in the superclub last week and had a massive crash at the gooseneck and trashed me bike i smashed engine casings etc......

not all bad though i was at Donington today and got 2 Third places! cool

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yo DAZZLER. is The Gooseneck just before The Mountain.. there were a few offs there and a bad one by the chicain, they had to call out the air ambalance for this guy and they said he might loose his leg

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Brav, sweet pics mate. sorry about the touch of bad luck but it'll be done and gone by next track day. we await pics from your next outing.

Dazz, congrats on the 2 3rd places @ Donnington.

Delta, give my sister a call anytime this week. Its fleet week in the city so she's with alot of sailors and such but she could probably slide you in and since she made so much money this week, she might even give you a good deal. call her. 1-976-BIG-TITS

·
Registered
953 Posts
awesome pics man. that looks like a lot of fun. i like those leathers your got pretty cool. g'damn that's it i need to find a track around here!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice one ladz.. went to the shop to check on my bike and its in a mess. i took one look and walked out... its not nice seeing your bike with her guts hanging out... i think i need to take a minute to control my emotions :cuss :hug

1 - 19 of 19 Posts