Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if, like me, you managed to mess up the TPS calibration in the Bazzaz software there is a fix for this. Normally you would have to put it on the dyno and record the proper voltage of the TPS full open since the R6 is fly by wire. But, you can go into DIAG mode, the first diagnostic code (01) is the TPS. Click calibrate in the Bazzaz software and twist the throttle, in DIAG mode the throttle valves will fully open and you can get the correct voltage reading. You should get 0.7V & 3.9V full closed/open.
:cheers

PS thanks to Jtronix for figuring this out.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
OR... (so i've been told) you can do this while simultaneously holding open the TB butterflies.

i like your way better though.

how do you get into diagnostics mode again?

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn the bike on while holding select/reset for 8 seconds.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
just so i'm clear... hold down both, then turn the bike on, and continue to hold for 8 seconds. then from there, start the calibration on the bazzaz software?

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah once you're in DIAG mode you should see the diagnostic code (01) which is the TPS calibration and it displays a number on the dash. Then open the zaz software and calibrate the TPS.

Normally with the bike on and the throttle open you get like 1.7V full open, and 3.9V in DIAG mode. Pretty sure that's right, but maybe someone who already has it calibrated correctly can chime in...

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
Thanks, Dieselboy! I posted up this exact question last week and didn't get a reply. WFO voltage is just what I needed.

Looks like I'll probably still do some dyno runs, so if I get a different voltage I'll let you know.

-D

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very good to know. The bazzaz dude was suggesting to put the bike on the rear stand and hammer it. :lmao
Well I think he wanted people to take it to the dyno, but he knew no one was going to take it to a dyno just to have the TPS calibrated.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Well I think he wanted people to take it to the dyno, but he knew no one was going to take it to a dyno just to have the TPS calibrated.
LOL, I know. It was a crazy suggestion tho! That's why I asked about going through the process of learning the gears and if it was ok to do it at like 2k instead of balls out like the tps calibration.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Dieselboy! I posted up this exact question last week and didn't get a reply. WFO voltage is just what I needed.

Looks like I'll probably still do some dyno runs, so if I get a different voltage I'll let you know.

-D
Keep us posted. I just sent an email to Del, so we'll see what he says about it.

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
Very good to know. The bazzaz dude was suggesting to put the bike on the rear stand and hammer it. :lmao
Either Chris or Del (don't remember) told me that the bike needs load if you're going to do it with the engine running. i.e. on the dyno.. and that doing it on the stand just wouldn't work..
:confused:

I'm going to try OP method soon.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
:dunce:
Ive started my bike with the rear on the stand and put it in first to oil the chain with it spinning at idle.. anything more than that is just crazy talk.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Uhhh...

Hi Colin,

Del no longer works at Bazzaz, but thank you for the e-mail. I will forward it to one of our techs.
hmmm

·
Nom Nom Nom Nom
677 Posts
I held select/reset and turned on bike and got LCD to show "DIAG" on bike but no code 01. When I try to do the TPS it still shows 14% and about 1.9V for OPEN. How do I get the bike to get Code 01?

EDIT: So after some searching I finally found the answer, apparently the 03 R6 can be put into diagnostic the same way. 2nd post was missing a part to get it into DIAG 01.

So with key off, hold select/reset on gauge and turn key on. Hold for 8 seconds till DIAG shows up on the LCD, now let go. Now, press select/reset again at the same time and hold for about 2 seconds, you should now see D01 XX (some numbers after, mine said 18). Now if you load up your Bazzaz you'll see 100% throttle. I calibrated my TPS and got

CLOSED: 0.74V
OPEN: 3.98V

Strangely now it says 101% when I'm at WOT in diagnostic mode. Turn bike off/on to exit diagnostic mode.

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
I held select/reset and turned on bike and got LCD to show "DIAG" on bike but no code 01. When I try to do the TPS it still shows 14% and about 1.9V for OPEN. How do I get the bike to get Code 01?

EDIT: So after some searching I finally found the answer, apparently the 03 R6 can be put into diagnostic the same way. 2nd post was missing a part to get it into DIAG 01.

So with key off, hold select/reset on gauge and turn key on. Hold for 8 seconds till DIAG shows up on the LCD, now let go. Now, press select/reset again at the same time and hold for about 2 seconds, you should now see D01 XX (some numbers after, mine said 18). Now if you load up your Bazzaz you'll see 100% throttle. I calibrated my TPS and got

CLOSED: 0.74V
OPEN: 3.98V

Strangely now it says 101% when I'm at WOT in diagnostic mode. Turn bike off/on to exit diagnostic mode.
This step is necessary. You need to push select/reset for 2 seconds after the bike is in diag mode. If you don't, the zazz software will read 1.7x for WOT in calibration mode.

Thanks for the tip Chou :cheers

1 - 20 of 90 Posts