Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
California and any other State with smog regulations. Heres my question for all of my mechanically inclined R6'rs and even the weekend mechanics like me :flex:.
I was wondering if when you do the smog block offs (aka removed the AIS) have you removed the rollover valve and canister? Is it beneficial? i did this on my 2007 gsx-r 600 but also had to disconnect a wire from the computer so it wouldn't throw the F1 light. so just wanna know the correct steps to this if i am to do it to my R6 :). So now we play the waiting game :pimp and i did do a search on it but couldn't find much on it tho so :321 before anyone says that as an option :lmao

ps i have a 2007 yamaha r6r

check the link its the stuff marked for CAL ONLY part number 73 along with all the not so fun stuff that go with it.

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_secti...=motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=2007&fveh=18081

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
you should do a write up/how to while you're at it! the old one is missing some pictures, and I'm going to be doing this over the winter...

·
Avid Enthusiast
7,408 Posts
Ya, pull the canister and valve. You'll have to bridge two of the throttle bodies together with some of the vacuum line. It'll all make sense once you have it apart.

Where in LA are you?

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you should do a write up/how to while you're at it! the old one is missing some pictures, and I'm going to be doing this over the winter...
theres an old one? whats the link? and for sure if i dont get too lazy or forget to take the pictures off :sing

Ya, pull the canister and valve. You'll have to bridge two of the throttle bodies together with some of the vacuum line. It'll all make sense once you have it apart.

Where in LA are you?
Downey where the 605 and 105 meet. any help will be much appreciated :jump

·
Avid Enthusiast
7,408 Posts
You're too far away and I didn't take pictures when I did mine.....

If you want, take pictures when you take it apart and I can tell you what to do with the pictures.

Start with removing the complete airbox.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
not that bad wouldn't mind going on a ride since i haven't ridden her in like 3 months. just so i don't mess up. the mod would probably go by faster too :). now just gotta finish putting her back together from other mods lol

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
im waiting on the mail man to bring me some plates too, thanks agg2001

heres some pictures of the canister some of the tubing thhat goes with it.

maybe someone can shed some light

i need help figuring out what goes and what stays.

picture one is the top of the can (tank and subframe is removed) just read that i should take the airbox out so im going to do that when i get the plates. just trying to figure out what needs to happen before i open it all up

this picture is of me trying to get where the hoses go, on the left side

this is the right side of where the hoses go etc. etc.

this is a picture of the bottom of the gas tank. i know the little silver L bracket looking peice comes out. but do i cap anything?

maybe someone can use my pictures and circle or follow wtf needs to happen for all this to be removed. and i can probley cont. taking pictures as to help build a new how too guide blah blah blah. its late and i cant stop thinking about my bike, mauhahahha

thanks for the help.

·
Avid Enthusiast
7,408 Posts
im waiting on the mail man to bring me some plates too, thanks agg2001

heres some pictures of the canister some of the tubing thhat goes with it.

maybe someone can shed some light

i need help figuring out what goes and what stays.

picture one is the top of the can (tank and subframe is removed) just read that i should take the airbox out so im going to do that when i get the plates. just trying to figure out what needs to happen before i open it all up

this picture is of me trying to get where the hoses go, on the left side

this is the right side of where the hoses go etc. etc.

this is a picture of the bottom of the gas tank. i know the little silver L bracket looking peice comes out. but do i cap anything?

maybe someone can use my pictures and circle or follow wtf needs to happen for all this to be removed. and i can probley cont. taking pictures as to help build a new how too guide blah blah blah. its late and i cant stop thinking about my bike, mauhahahha

thanks for the help.
Pay me $50 and I'll come finish the job for you. Just did YZF-202's on Saturday.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
See Devon told ya i should've been taking pictures maybe even a video while you were working......you were too quick tho ;) ps bike still hasn't blown up lol jk

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why is that? idk how this is gonna work out since you have the AIS removed frim your bike already.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well whens it ever gonna go back on? and i forgot to bring a back pack XP lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts