Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know California is a big state with lots to do - many track days with a variety of tracks.

I've rode a few, and I want to try and get to them all at some point. Of the following tracks, IYHO, rank them in order as far as fun factor, technical, and free flowing.

I've also looked at this thread, but didn't revive it: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/46-general-discussions/19810-california-tracks.html

The list is as follows:

• Auto Club Speedway - Fontana, CA
  • Buttonwillow Raceway - Buttonwillow, CA
  • Chuckwalla Valley Raceway - Chuckwalla, CA
  • Sonoma Raceway - Sonoma, CA
  • The Streets of Willow Springs - Rosamond, CA
  • Thunderhill Raceway Park - Willows, CA
  • WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - Salinas, CA
  • Willow Springs International Raceway - Rosamond, CA

·
Registered
204 Posts
We all know California is a big state with lots to do - many track days with a variety of tracks.

I've rode a few, and I want to try and get to them all at some point. Of the following tracks, IYHO, rank them in order as far as fun factor, technical, and free flowing.

I've also looked at this thread, but didn't revive it: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/46-general-discussions/19810-california-tracks.html

The list is as follows:

• Auto Club Speedway - Fontana, CA
  • Buttonwillow Raceway - Buttonwillow, CA
  • Chuckwalla Valley Raceway - Chuckwalla, CA
  • Sonoma Raceway - Sonoma, CA
  • The Streets of Willow Springs - Rosamond, CA
  • Thunderhill Raceway Park - Willows, CA
  • WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - Salinas, CA
  • Willow Springs International Raceway - Rosamond, CA
Sonoma is my fav of the group but I haven't ridden Chuckwalla or Thunderhill.
Laguna is second fav.
I love coaching at Streets of Willow Springs with the California Superbike School, it's such a good technical, easy to coach students at, track. Good times.

:grin::grin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fav's in order:

Thunder Hill east.
Laguna
Thunder hill west
Sonoma

These are the only tracks I've ridden so far. Button Willow next month and afterward I'm betting it will take 3rd or even 2nd spot.

·
Touchdown!
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking forward to TH East, TH West, and Sonoma. Then, I can list them all in favorite order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chuckwalla is my favorite. Sweeping corners all day long. If you like cornering, it is the track to go.

Auto Club Speedway is my next favorite. Exactly opposite to Chuckwalla, it's stop and go, point and shoot all day long. So the two tracks make good riding in opposite ends...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Button willow - counterclockwise
Streets of willow - clockwise

Heard Chuckwalla was a very good track, have yet to experience it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts