Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my Yosh TRC shorty in the mail in a few days for my 05 Raven and was just wondering. For those of you who have installed shorties (preferably yosh) did you have to get a PC3 to make it work properly?

I am just wondering because since the pipe is a shorty and definitely not the same as the stock pipe, I am just hoping I wont have it running like crap after I install it. Otherwise I will look to buy a used PC3

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm getting my Yosh TRC shorty in the mail in a few days for my 05 Raven and was just wondering. For those of you who have installed shorties (preferably yosh) did you have to get a PC3 to make it work properly?

I am just wondering because since the pipe is a shorty and definitely not the same as the stock pipe, I am just hoping I wont have it running like crap after I install it. Otherwise I will look to buy a used PC3
I believe I was one of the first to get the pipe on and tested through the dyno. Let me tell you, depending on your mods and what sort of riding you do, you will greatly feel the differences to your bike without a pc3. I noticed a lot of surging at specific RPM's due to A/F ratio at that throttle/rpm position.

The PC3 essentially smoothed all of my throttle/rpm positions with the appropriate amount of fuel. I'd say its worth it; however, you will not find a large increase in performance as much as you will a large increase in the way your bike pounds through redlines.

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe I was one of the first to get the pipe on and tested through the dyno. Let me tell you, depending on your mods and what sort of riding you do, you will greatly feel the differences to your bike without a pc3. I noticed a lot of surging at specific RPM's due to A/F ratio at that throttle/rpm position.

The PC3 essentially smoothed all of my throttle/rpm positions with the appropriate amount of fuel. I'd say its worth it; however, you will not find a large increase in performance as much as you will a large increase in the way your bike pounds through redlines.

Ok, the only other mod I have is just a BMC air filter. I am pretty much thinking about getting the PC3 anyways. However did you use a generic map or did you get a custom tuned map?

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
i got my PC off here for pretty cheap and i have seen a coupld more cheaper than what i paid....you can download all the maps for their website, start with the yosh and see how it does. If it runs like crap you can try a different one......custom map is the way to go

·
My ZX6R ate my R6!
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got my PC off here for pretty cheap and i have seen a coupld more cheaper than what i paid....you can download all the maps for their website, start with the yosh and see how it does. If it runs like crap you can try a different one......custom map is the way to go
Well the thing is I do not see any yosh maps at all for my 05 on their site. Pretty much every other brand but yosh. :lmao

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well the thing is I do not see any yosh maps at all for my 05 on their site. Pretty much every other brand but yosh. :lmao
Im using the graves fulll exhaust setup and it seems perfect. I have the mods listed in my sig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts