Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Calling all college students

2K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Doc-Ram 
#1 ·
Do any of your campus's' have a motorcycle club? I've been thinking about starting one to get some students into group rides / track days.

#7 ·
Drexel University

if you have the ambition and time then you should definately go for it! I've made a ton of good friends from the club and we have had some great times. There is a decent amount of paper work involved in getting the club started anr ecognized by the university but it is def. worth it!
Looks like a Club recognition form and a constitution. We'd be able to receive club funding, but I'm sure it's meager. I think I'll start a FB group and if it takes off we'll go club status.

#5 ·
if you have the ambition and time then you should definately go for it! I've made a ton of good friends from the club and we have had some great times. There is a decent amount of paper work involved in getting the club started anr ecognized by the university but it is def. worth it!

#8 ·
too many squids...including the kid that i bought it from in 07...

#9 ·
if you want, i can probably send you our constitution and you could use that as a basis. FB groups don't really work that well, your best bet is to set up a recruiting table. Talk to your events management, at our campus they let us bring our bikes up on to the campus next to the buildings so we can have our recruiting table and be more noticed.

#11 ·
My school had one (i graduated last year)

it was kinda cool...every wednesday was stunt night and they also had group rides. They also put together a track day every year as well. Had their own dyno, shop guys, etc

Went to Iowa State University

#13 ·
#16 ·
I go to ISU, like owen, and I have a problem with the ISU club. I dont know if they show up outta the darkness or something, but all the pics they put on their facebook group are all pics of kids in motocross gear and 98 CBRs... I have been too sketched out to attend a stunt night or a group ride. Maybe Ill try it this year... but probably not.

#27 ·
yeah i never went on a group ride...was invited a few times but just never went. I did go to a few stunt nights on wednesdays though cause the nights that i went, the guys had the motards out and it was pretty cool to watch

#17 ·
oohhh... I've actually been thinking about creating a motorcycle club on campus. However, I'm already the president of my fraternity and have a lot on my plate. If I can't graduate within 4 years due to the CA state's budget constraints, I think I'll pursue it after my term is done. Here at SDSU you pretty much need to draft up a proposal and by-laws at the very least. One would also need a faculty member to sponsor the club. It is kind of a long process but if you're goal-oriented and somewhat business-minded it shouldn't be a problem. I say, (in honor of our pot-smoking governor Arnold Schwarzenegger) DO IT NOWWW!!!

#18 ·
Im on fb now and I'm trying to join as many mizzou rider groups as I can...fb... networking at its finest... kinda...

#23 ·
I was Prez of our club at Embry Riddle for a couple years. It was nice because we got club funding and would go to the track, and the races at Daytona (our school was next door to Daytona Int. Speedway). Our school had a ton of bikes on campus, I'm sure it help because it was in Daytona Beach. It was fun though, good way to meet other people who enjoy bikes.

#24 ·
Has anyone started a motorcycle club at a University in Georgia. I go to Kennesaw State University and there seems to be alot of riders but no club and I have no idea how to start one. If anyone has done it could you give me some instructions on how. Thanks for the good post idea.

#25 ·
My freind and I go to the same college. Sucks though, because this Semester we have classes on different days, so i can't ride with him like I could last semester. There's a few other bikes that go to my school as well. Not too many though

#26 ·
We should try to set up some weekend rides or something. I am not sure how we could let other students to know about it. But that would be fun I have seen alot of bikes around campus lately.

#29 ·
am sure there's a m/c club on campus here at UT arlington, but am not part of that. There's atleast 3 or 4 R6-forum members on campus too. We have occasional forum group rides, thats all not much more than that around here. Last group ride had ~13 folks come out in January when it was warm to ride.

Gonna graduate this semester, so not worried about joining the campus club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.