Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Meet the mistress
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take it to the track has always hosted a great track weekend and I'm curious if any members are going to come out for the June 28-29th track days at Streets of willow? I've never ridden with other members and wanted to see who was coming out so we can possibly run some hot laps?:YEA

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
I'll be out there just on the 28th with two buddies, couldn't swing the whole weekend. Two of us on R6 track bikes and another on a street gsxr 750. What group are you running? It's the first time I've ever been out to streets. So it might take me a couple laps to get acquainted with it and a session or two to actually find some lines.

·
Meet the mistress
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if I'll be there for the 28th now but for sure be there on Sunday the 29th. I am a run B group. I spun a crank shaft bearing a few months ago on my 2009 R6 but will be riding my new R6 for the first time that weekend. I'll cruise the pit area for you both.

·
Meet the mistress
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI.. it should be a great weekend. The weather is going to be near perfect and I don't think it's sold out so a lot of room to play! See you guys there

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I wish I could make it. I love the Ti2tT guys. Gotta tear down the old race bike for valve clearance and fork refresh though. :(

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I need to do the same, but I've been putting it off because I have no idea how to do it yet :confused:
I have a vague idea of how to take the forks apart. As far as getting the new seals on there, I'm hoping there's a good video on youtube. :laugh

Matt (Sucio) has a seal driver that he offered up. Maybe I convince him to come supervise.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's not hard I'm doing it right now to put my new ohlins springs and 20mm valve kit in. Just be very careful with the caps. They are so easy to **** up. Besides search YouTube there's videos to walk you through or if you want I'll setup the gopro and make a video tonight

·
Registered
15 Posts
ill be there on the 29th with another buddy from oc. He is running A and ill be running B. First time for me after my 07 build, and first laps at SOW. Should be fun times :YEA

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
Anybody who is out there on Saturday the 28th is more than welcome to pit with us, look for a blacked out dodge ram with a u-haul trailer and a black/gray/yellow r6 and a green/white/black r6 under an EZ-up. Should be a good time, the weather is supposed to be 80*-90*s all day.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anybody who is out there on Saturday the 28th is more than welcome to pit with us, look for a blacked out dodge ram with a u-haul trailer and a black/gray/yellow r6 and a green/white/black r6 under an EZ-up. Should be a good time, the weather is supposed to be 80*-90*s all day.
And a gray gixxer :secret

·
wat?
722 Posts
I'm leaning towards the SOWS day at this point. Are you guys going up Fri night or Sat morning? (I'd go up in the morning)

Grey suburban, hitch bike carrier, white/red/black R6, white ezup

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm leaning towards the SOWS day at this point. Are you guys going up Fri night or Sat morning? (I'd go up in the morning)

We're going to head up Sat morning. If you're not pitting with anyone you're more than welcome to join us.

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts

We're going to head up Sat morning. If you're not pitting with anyone you're more than welcome to join us.
^^^Like he said, We're leaving bright and early Saturday morning. Gotta be up there early enough to put on some new tires.

·
wat?
722 Posts
Sounds good. I'll post up when I confirm I can make it, I'd be trying to arrive pretty early to get setup and make sure I make the most of the cooler morning sessions. If I can make it, I'll try to pit with you guys. Sounds like turnout might be low so should be pretty open out there.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts