Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend are debating this and I could use your help. This is a picture of my rear tire after this past track day and he thinks, just from looking at the tire, I should be leaning off more and that a 600 shouldn't chew up a tire this much. The tire is a michelin H2.
comments please!

edit by loki: i got your pic to work for ya, it wont link from R1 forum since you have to have a password to look at pics :cheers

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ok now that i fixed the pic, it looks to me like you might not be hangin off enough too. but im not an expert. just seems like theres alot pressure being put on the tire.

it might also just be the tire :cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks loki
the track I run at is hell on tires, I kinda figured that was it more than the positioning

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
By looking at it, you seem to be either hitting the corner really hot, or exiting with a lot of throttle.

Are you coming in hot, braking hard, and exiting hard on the gas?
Try being more smooth, such as coming in a little slower, not braking so hard, maintain your corner speed, and exiting smoother.

In other words, try to maintain your average speed and lap times, but make it smoother around the corners instead of hard entry on the brakes, slow apex, and hard exits.

I bet your lap times will improve. :cheers

Of course I'm only speculating by looking at a pic of your tire. It could also be the track.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya I was running it a bit hard I guess chasing friends around the track and trying to brake deeper and deeper into corners

1 - 10 of 10 Posts