Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CAM Shaft Chain

Okay so I took my bike into the shop ad they told me my Cam Shaft Chain needed to be tightened and they also mentioned a retentioner that needs to be adjusted. Can anyone guide me in the right direction to get this done. I would like to do it myself.

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
i dont think ne r6 has 'cam shaft belts'. they probably said cam shaft chain. & the cam chain has a tensioner that needs 2 b changed at the same time as well. we'd b able 2 help u more if u posted what year bike u have

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
there isn't any way your CCT needs replaced already.
shit man my bike has 32k miles on it. and it's fine. along with all of the valves.
unless you've been using some really shit oil or something or it's a factory defect I couldn't see a 08 needing replaced yet. there is no adjustment to a factory Cam Chain Tensioner, it's an automatic tensioner.

it's still under warranty anyway I"m sure. let yamaha fix it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
yeah, as stated its an automatic tensioner so you can't tighten the chain. Also, those things are good most times for the entire life of the engine and rarely need to be replaced, so get clarification if thats what they really meant, and if they did, take it somewhere else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.