Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently so!

Since buying my R6 a few months ago my car has been left sitting in the garage alone. In order to get the most seat time I drove my bike everywhere.

Well went to start up the car earlier and to my disappointment the battery died :( I blame my security system which probably drained all the juice.

Unfortunately I didn't have any other way to get my car moving, but I found some jumper cables in the garage. So I pulled my bike next to my car and hooked up the cables. And it worked :D

That is all, just wanted to share my cool story with the bros.

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Don't think that wouldve worked with my 7.3L Diesel :sing

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car is a 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S. It was a manual so if I had a hand I could have push-started it, but it's good to know I could do it on my own.

Speaking of push starting... how does that work on a bike?

·
vroom vroom...
589 Posts
I have bump started my 09 R6, after I left the ignition on for a couple of hours! Simply rolled down my driveway, and threw her in second, with the ignition still on. Battery has since recharged completely just off the bike!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't even mention my roommate who was parked in the spot next to me in the garage.

His car, unfortunately, could NOT jump start my car. The bastard has a Camry Hybrid.

Jump starting Ability Scores
Camry Hybrid: 0
YZF-R6: 1

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Damn Hybrids! And yeah you can poush start yr 6, I've had to do it about 10 times with mine cuz the dealer sold me mine with a crappy battery that only lasted 3 months, its embarassing push starting a bike a week after you bought it:cuss

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How did you go about trying to jump it off of the Hybrid Camry?
It was pretty simple really. It started off like this...

Roommate pops his hood.
We both stare.
"So uh.. where's the battery?"
"Huh. Well I guess the damn thing uses the lithium ion battery packs in the trunk"
"Sunofbitch..."
"Well crap, hey do you think my bike can jump start my car?"

In summary, we didn't even try lol. He said he thought he read something or was told that his car can't give jump starts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts