Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont wanna cut my stock harness. i see yamaha makes one but it seems i can only find it with the yec ecu. can anyone help me with this setup?

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Get another stock harness and remove the unnecessary circuits. I'm going that route and keeping my stocker if I sell the bike down the road.

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
The YEC harness is not a road loom with some bits missing.

It is completely different and won't work with a stock ECU. FWIW I paid about 1k for my SS ecu and loom.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
since i will be running bazzaz i guess there is no need for me to pick up a harness. just wanna make sure im getting it right when i say almost every track/race bike out there has "hacked up" wiring harnesses. just find it hard to believe there isnt one aftermarket plug and play piece. thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
If I am reading this correctly I think you are misunderstanding everything. The YEC harness is to be used for racing, it is wired differently than an OEM harness and doesn't use the front lights sub harness and some other things you will need to ride on the street but it is only to be used with a YEC ECU.
The Bazzaz unit is a piggyback controller and plugs in between the injectors and some sensors. The Bazzaz unit is plug and play but you have to plug everything in.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is just a track bike. so with the bazzaz system all wires will be used? i have no head/tail lights etc. connected anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Unless you are going with a YEC ECU I would leave your harness alone. The Bazzaz has nothing to do with a YEC harness, you can use it with either stock or YEC harnesses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts