Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 03 want a 05 but wonder if it may get any better in the up comming couple years worried it may as soon as i buy please give me input.

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
ColeTrain said:
got a 03 want a 05 but wonder if it may get any better in the up comming couple years worried it may as soon as i buy please give me input.
Ofcourse it'll get better. But are you going to wait around until they make the "perfect" R6? No cus they will always find something to improve and sell you.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I have an 03 now, the only thing i'd get is the R1. I am definitely buying an R1 next.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes, it will get much better.... but until then, enjoy what you have.

Yamaha is probably gonna pull a Kawasaki, and go for a complete overhaul next year. They probably have already started it in terms of Research & Development... but didn't have a 'complete' bike... so at a last ditch, revamped our 03/04 machines to give you the 05. Everyone was surprised we didn't get an undertail.... why did they leave it out? because of the rear shock overheating..... which means , next year, they are gonna probably do a whole new frame to accomodate all this...

In the mean time, I love my side exhaust warming up my right butt cheek on the cold fall days

·
Registered
537 Posts
All I want is an R46, thats all I have to say, until that im keeping my 04 R6.

BE4TNUT

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Drooder said:
Everyone was surprised we didn't get an undertail.... why did they leave it out?
I'm glad they didnt. I'm not a big fan of the undertail exhaust. I mean, there is somethin to be said about a big ass pipe stickin on the side of the bike. Although, I plan on getting a highmount soon.

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
:hump just ride it!!! I have an 03 R6 and I'd go for the R1 next also. The 03 is the best - hopefully you wont have to change your coils (still no big deal). The only thing I got which I regret is putting on a 190 rear tire. The 180 is so much nice to have for flickable handling and the twisties. well good luck :cheers

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
yeah undertail is the best thing to happen to r1's IMO (everyones intitled to their own)

if yamaha makes it happen they do it in style

pretty nice id say

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea the under seat pipe helps make the R1 . but as far as the looks go i am content with the R6 I have now . iam talking about the performance. would the over all performance upgrade be worth the wait

and thank you for your input not really sure how this forum works

·
Registered
587 Posts
2003 R6 will keep you happy as long as you own it. There are a lot of aspects with this machine that need to be accomplished before you worry about trading to a new year or even trading up to its big bro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts