Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Woodcraft-CFM rearset on my race bike set up for GP shift. I was trying to convert it to regular shift today, and I can't figure it out! :curse

Can someone please post some picts of CFM with regular setup. I have an extra part and a spare shift rod, but nothing seems to fit!!!

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
Nex what year bike? and model?

BTW y you want to change it???

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bike is a 2003. i think i have it figured out, but some picts would still be great.

i'm figuring out what will work best for next year, and i wanted to try regular shift. my street bike is regular so it's a bit hard to switch. i will convert street bike to gp over the winter though.

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got it to work, I think...
Using custom made shifter rod and an assortment of other parts. I would still like to see a few picts of R6 with CFM rearset.
What rod are you using, etc.

Anyone? (No Woodcraft rearsets anyone?)

·
Track Junkie
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you using the stock elbow on the transmission side? Looks like you have shifter rod attached to the inside of the pedal, is there much of an angle between the rod and the frame?

Just got back from a track day, finished tinkering with my setup, and will post a few picts soon.

·
4,299 Posts
yeah i used the stock gear actuator but i had to take the hiem joint off of the actuator, flip the the actuator around so it sticks out away from the frame and mount the joint back on to the actuator. there is almost a 1/4 inch of clearance between the shift rod and the frame. i just followed the instructions that came with the standard shift rearsets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts