Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm an idiot and stripped the nut on this bracket. Can it be replaced? If so, I would imagine I could only replace it if I've drained all the oil first, but not 100% sure.

I tried finding the part, but the closest thing I could find on partzilla was this and it doesn't look like it's the right one: https://www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/13S-2836E-00-00

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Bike is a 2012 R6.

Pics:

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry cant give you a perfect answer but if you cant find a replacement part, maybe re-thread it and go one size bigger?

I think I see Stahlbus drain bolt.? How do you like it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can find a replacement for that part on either Partzilla or similar websites that order directly from the manufacturer. If they do not have one, you may be able to find one in either a hardware lot or sold as oil pan bolt set on ebay. Some sellers included odds and ends parts in their listing; just take a good look through it to make sure its what you need it that’s the route you to. Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry cant give you a perfect answer but if you cant find a replacement part, maybe re-thread it and go one size bigger?

I think I see Stahlbus drain bolt.? How do you like it?
I thought about getting a helicoil kit, but the bracket bends pretty easily. I think I might have a tough time applying enough force to rethread it without it giving in and bending first. I will try that if I can't source the part though. Thanks!

I love the Stahlbus! Makes oil changes less painful since I only have to worry about messing up the filter during them now.

Hi there,

Seems like nº 14 on the parts catalogue. View attachment 378238
Wow! Thank you!!!

Hopefully it's a simple swap out during my next oil change. Any one ever done this?

You can find a replacement for that part on either Partzilla or similar websites that order directly from the manufacturer. If they do not have one, you may be able to find one in either a hardware lot or sold as oil pan bolt set on ebay. Some sellers included odds and ends parts in their listing; just take a good look through it to make sure its what you need it that’s the route you to. Best of luck! :)
Thank you!

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,451 Posts
Or use a nut. The faurings don't come off that often. Hell that bolt doesn't need to come out to get at the filter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Or use a nut. The faurings don't come off that often. Hell that bolt doesn't need to come out to get at the filter.
That would also work yeah, drill and put a nut behind.. or just weld the nut on that bracket..

And save the $$ of buying a new one..

But to be fair ..

IF he installs the bolt , its just easier to remove it in order to change oil.. just lets you slide that side panel out of the way (without total removing it) vs fighting with it..

But, that bolt just holds the side fairings to the bike, but that fairings has like 4-5 mountings points.. its not like they´re super necessary to start with XD. Nothing will happen if he doenst install it (apart from cosmetic)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts