Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint my levers black over winter break. What do you guys recommand *type of paint *to do or not to do. Or should I just go out a purchase a pair of black levers. I want to get rid of all the chorom on my bike, and replace with black parts. Not carbon fibers * i think they look like shit*

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I wouldn't paint them.....i've have them powder coated......maybe you should take off your pegs, shifter n brake levers, and whatever else you want to and take them to get powder coated.....powder costing looks MEAN as **** and it lasts a lOOOOONG time

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
RSixxr said:
I wouldn't paint them......powder costing looks MEAN as **** and it lasts a lOOOOONG time
Agreed. The paint probably would end up starting to chip and crack etc... and in the end would look worse then the "carbon fiber" one you can buy.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i think thats the route im going to go. Instead of wasting money on new levers and a whole new Rearset and passenger pegs to get the look i want.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out some of the bike shows for new levers. I bought a set of anodized red levers for my 02 R6 for $25 CDN (~$20 USD) at last local show. Might find a set for a cheaper price than doing it yourself.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yeah I would look into getting your parts powdercoated or better yet, in my opinion, get your parts anodized. They would look P.I.M.P.

Matt

:cheers

·
Banned
786 Posts
Check out www.rumbleimport.com they have just about any color you want anodized, and they're just like the stock ones. I'm gettin a set of red ones for my '04. Probly gonna get some Graves rearsets in black and Werks black or red foot pegs......

·
Registered
586 Posts
I like using the little grippy things on my levers, makes them a little easier to grab with my big man paws. anywho, I was at the hardware store the other day and saw "Plastidip" it comes in different colors. You can dip the parts in as much as you like to make them as thick as you want. Sorta like the rubber coating on pliers. Just an idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts