Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like it says, if your battery dies on you cna you push start it?

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Yes --- I put the bike in first and hold the clutch and then release when I feel like I am going fast enough.. Easiest method I have came across...

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Practice it a few times. It is sometimes easier to do in second rather than first.

·
Ride it like you stole it
1,176 Posts
Second is easier.

·
1,834 Posts
First gear is kind of low and will usually lock up instead of turning the rear wheel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've used 3rd and it's a breeze, starts right up...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
YES. unfortunately I had to do it on friday night, by myself. Turn the key on, put it in first, pull the clutch in, start pushing while runing beside the bike, when you get to like 5 mph, jump on, let the clutch out while simultaniously hitting the start button and giving it gas! Vroooom! ....and you're off!

·
1,834 Posts
I don't think you need to hit the start button but I may be wrong. My 07 didn't require hitting the start button to fire up...Key on kill switch to run it should fire...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I don't think you need to hit the start button but I may be wrong. My 07 didn't require hitting the start button to fire up...Key on kill switch to run it should fire...
you might be right, i really can't remember. i try not to make it a practice to have to push start my bike.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts

All you need to do is put the kickstand up put the key into the on position put the kill switch into the on position. Then Put the bike into second gear hold the clutch in and and start running then when you get to about 5 mph let the clutch out and give the bike a little gas to help it get started and presto the bike should start.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Probably safer to have someone else push you, if available. Then just bounce your weight on the seat at the same time you let the clutch to keep the wheel from locking up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts