Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

can you ride....too much?

2K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  chillls 
#1 ·
Is it possible to ride too much? I've 3000 miles on my bike in about a month, I'll be at my 4000 mile maintenance in no time! And its not a cheap procedure

#7 ·
It helps when you buy the bike the weekend before your 2 weeks of deployment CTO time starts, you go to work for 4 days then take ANOTHER 2 weeks of regular leave. Everyday was the famous scene from the movie Friday "Its *whatever day it was*, I don't have no job, and I ain't got shit to do" so on the bike i went

#6 ·
i recommend WOT Break in =)

#8 ·
I have about 8500 miles on mine in a little over 6 months. I love to ride but has effect when you try to sell your machine.

#9 ·
For what it's worth; I think you can!

I work overseas so ride as much as possible when I get home, sometimes for 8 hours a day and I noticed that my attention span deteriorates somewhat along with my confidence and skill oddlly enough.

When I've worked away for a while and come back to the bike; my confidence and skills are at their best after only a few hours on the bike (In the zone sorta thing)

Just my penny's worth.

#12 ·
i say ya.........my friend has a 06 r6 with 60,000mi. on it....he says the bike is his only transportation....i look at him and nod my head....8k on my baby:hehe

#14 ·
Negative.

#20 ·
what kind of riding do you do? lol...new tires every month? sheesh, mad burnouts or what? :lmao

#17 ·
i put around 100 miles a day on my r6, thats 700 a week and 2800 a month... its just fine

#18 ·
this isnt a real question...

Only real questions deserve answers lol

#21 ·
im on ur same level i got mine on 6/15/08 and right now my bike has 2754 miles on it. i just cant do nutting about it

#22 ·
I've put about 1500 on mine in a months time...thats alot I think, dunno though.

#24 ·
i wish i had the time to be on my bike that much, but unfortunately with work and school i have a hard time with that. so if you have the time, take full advantage of it and ride the damn wheels off that thing!!!!

#27 ·
that hawt!!!...i bought mine in july 2007 and i have since put on 8000 miles!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.