Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who do you guys get your motorcycle insurance through? I live in Alberta, looking for a good place to get covered as a 22 year old male rider on a newer to brand new R6.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so nobody actually posts here...got it.

If an admin sees this, maybe the reason many of these boards don't have any activity is because there may be too many boards on the main page? Might I suggest consolidating some of them into sub-forums so the list isn't so long on the main Forum page? (I know, I'm new :cool:)

·
all bears are dangerous
33 Posts
I know its a couple years late... did you find a good insurance company? I'm searching too.

Jevco won't do it.
Primmum/TD has very expensive collision/comprehensive premium.
Having a hard time getting any quotes online.

·
make it a double
816 Posts
I went through Wawanesa. About $300 a year for minimum coverage. Not bad.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have State Farm as a 21 year old male on a new R6, i also have my truck insured with them also and i get a good deal on that aswell, oh and im fully covered on both and its about 1500$ a year for full coverage on the R6

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I know its a couple years late... did you find a good insurance company? I'm searching too.

Jevco won't do it.
Primmum/TD has very expensive collision/comprehensive premium.
Having a hard time getting any quotes online.
How long have you been riding? i know most insurance places will NOT insure you on a bike unless you have been riding for 5 year or have say a Truck/car Insured with them aswell, most of the time you will need to go with a high risk insureance like Nordic.....

·
all bears are dangerous
33 Posts
my current insurance won't even give me a quote cause i need to have 3 years of insurance history.
I've only been riding for 2 years, but had the license for 3.
i'll be giving state farm and wawanesa a call tmrw. can't shop online apparently.

I did get a quote from my previous broker (my last bike was insured by Jevco). I just want to make sure i'm not losing out anywhere else.

Thanks for replies :) really appreciate it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honestly I called td and they were $235 a month. I then called state farm and they were $85 a month. I I brought all my cars and house to them it was $56 a month.

State farm doesn't care about the fact that it's a super sport. All they care about is the cc's

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
all bears are dangerous
33 Posts
k, but how old are you? and how long have you had motorcycle insurance?
TD/Primumm was ridiculous. To get comprehensive and collision (250 deductible), they require an after market anti theft device and even then, it was $2500+ for the year, this is just comp and collision. I almost died when I heard that.

I'm under 25yo. 2 yrs motorcycle insurance. I'll find out tmrw...

·
Registered
20 Posts
k, but how old are you? and how long have you had motorcycle insurance?
TD/Primumm was ridiculous. To get comprehensive and collision (250 deductible), they require an after market anti theft device and even then, it was $2500+ for the year, this is just comp and collision. I almost died when I heard that.

I'm under 25yo. 2 yrs motorcycle insurance. I'll find out tmrw...
34 years old. First time having insurance. That may be the reason that your under 25. But give them a call. They were by far the cheapest for me.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Nah man im 21 and with state farm and insured my brand new 2009 R6 with them and took out a loan on the bike with them within a month of getting my licence i hace FULL COVERAGE on my bike and its 1500 a year until im 25 (if i want to stay full coverage) Fiesta give me a PM and ill refer you to the agent i use and im not sure but drop my name and she is really good with getting back with quotes.

·
all bears are dangerous
33 Posts
kudos to whiteRasta and shiftInRed!! State Farm is gonna save me a FORTUNE!!

For any future Alberta shoppers, you won't need to look any further than State Farm!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts