Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol , used to be in Toronto but didn't ride much there. Too busy. Ottawa is much nicer. Although I'm sure there would be some amazing rides in alberta. Mountain roads with an amazing view.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah, but long rides haha, from Edmonton its a good 2.5-3 hours west to get into the good stuff but you can travel the Alberta/B.C. line and have tons of fun, but its a solid day of riding if you want to be home at night.

However if you live in calgary, twisties are right next door..... Cant wait to move there.

·
make it a double
816 Posts
So ive been with Wawanesa for 8+ years and just bought a new 2011 suzuki gsx-r600. guess how much for full coverage on my insurance? $1500. what a facking joke.

im 26 and ive NEVER had a single claim. total B.S. gonna try State Farm and Morgex and see if i can get a lower rate.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
One of your problems is that Edmonton has one of the highest percent of clams in Alberta, then we are guys so it will cost more due to probably mostly guys going down, also and this is just a guess but you just bought a bike that most people have in Edmonton and probably the bike that is the highest clams on. They are just guess's but bikes are not the same as cars.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
oh and how long have you been riding? because they take that into account aswell.

Insurance is one of those things that if you really dont wanna pay it then you probably shouldnt be riding, same goes for gear, i had a guy tell me that the doesnt have gear cause its expensive other then a helmet (cheapest one out there) and he was on a 2011 R6 (in edmonton) and i was like dude you have a expensive bike but cant afford gear.... same deal with insurance (and if your financing it you can forget about cheap insurance)

·
Raven > *
13 Posts
I'm also in Ottawa, got insurance for 2012 R6 for just under $1000/year with State Farm. With that said I have 2 cars and a condo insured with them as well, so that was WITH all the discounts included. I'm 27 and have no accidents/tickets on any of the previous bikes.

·
Me eats R6 my
10 Posts
TD Insurance is fairly cheap for the R6 … they go by engine size, so the 'supersport' title doesn't affect the rate here. And they offer 'pay while you ride' so you can pay the whole years' insurance over the five-month riding season

21 - 30 of 30 Posts