Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that no one wants to hear this but I think my Season here in Canada will Be over in about a month. They are already talking snow in forcasts. that means lots of gravel on the roads. So I thought It is about time I start figuring out how to winterize my 04 R6. Does any one have any tips, any information will be more than what I am aware of.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just moved from Buffalo, NY to Southern California, that basically took care of the issue for me! But to answer your question somewhat, I just put Sta-Bil gas stabilizer in the tank and put a piece off wood under the wheels, so they are off the concrete. Pull the battery and put a cover over the bike.
There some more complex stuff such has pulling the spark plugs and putting a drop or two of oil and reinstallign them to prevent corrosion, but I never bothered with all that and never had any problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just moved from Buffalo, NY to Southern California, that basically took care of the issue for me! But to answer your question somewhat, I just put Sta-Bil gas stabilizer in the tank and put a piece off wood under the wheels, so they are off the concrete. Pull the battery and put a cover over the bike.
There some more complex stuff such has pulling the spark plugs and putting a drop or two of oil and reinstallign them to prevent corrosion, but I never bothered with all that and never had any problems.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Halo, it may be damn cold up here, but as long as there is no snow on the roads, keep your tank full :cheers I also am from Alberta, I feel your pain of the short season.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bought the r6 in may and now that the white stuff hit the ground suddently have alot of spare time on my hands :(

just found this site by chance a week ago looking for cool shit and projects to do this winter.

·
Registered
283 Posts
hey guys !!!!!,...

well in van it's sunny , cold but, sunny ,....

my bikes in my garage , i put that stabil in and cover it ,. i also put carpit under the tires . just go to a carpit store and look around back for through away stuff !!! .. . best to get a piece big anuff to fit ur whole bike on ,..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts