Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Looking for first R6
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking for quite a while at getting an exhaust. I fell in love with the Level One Racing shorty, but can't seem to find one anywhere. SBKShop never responds to my emails, and my local shop has never heard of LOR. :BS

Anyways, I'm looking for one that'll make my bike, an 07, sound..."mean" is a good word I guess. From what I gathered on this forum is to stay away from Two Bros., and go with something like Graves or M4. The problem is I can listen to sound clips all day long, but want your input on the actual sound they make.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
not sure what mean sounds like? If youre picking by sound you must be one hell of an audiophile! :secret
A new akra is ~$1250 for the stainless with your choice of muffler. Not sure what the availability of the Leo systems are but that would be my second choice. For bang for the dukket... the M4 is $400 cheaper than the previous 2.

·
Hello
527 Posts
I wonder if the lack of response from Leo is because they are moving their production plant..(my guess). I wouldn't pick the M4, personally, over others such as Leo, Akra or Graves. As far as sound all the mentioned exhaust are going to be awesome. Especially once the underbelly muffler is removed, as you probably know.

·
Looking for first R6
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure what mean sounds like? If youre picking by sound you must be one hell of an audiophile! :secret
A new akra is ~$1250 for the stainless with your choice of muffler. Not sure what the availability of the Leo systems are but that would be my second choice. For bang for the dukket... the M4 is $400 cheaper than the previous 2.
I figured that as far as performance goes, most of the top brands would be equivalent.

Here's a short clip of the LOR for sound comparison.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Two bros sounds "mean"

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Honest question. Why do people hate on them here? I've seen posts bashing them, but never seen any reasoning.
Their stuff is bottom of the barrel cycle gear stock components. The headers are thin walled and crack so frequently you can almost set a clock by it. The mufflers have the contour shaping of a brick. Not to mention the overall design is total garbage. MSRP is like $1,150... which is $1,000 too much. Plus you can get an OEM yammie header & your own choice of muffler to make more hp.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I don't understand how people think clips from YouTube sound good? They sound like pure crap! I have seen maybe 2-3 videos where they used nice (professional) recording equipment, and man can you tell the difference.

I loved my two brothers. It had a nice deep tone below 6k but after that it was really loud.

from my toaster

·
Looking for first R6
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Their stuff is bottom of the barrel cycle gear stock components. The headers are thin walled and crack so frequently you can almost set a clock by it. The mufflers have the contour shaping of a brick. Not to mention the overall design is total garbage. MSRP is like $1,150... which is $1,000 too much. Plus you can get an OEM yammie header & your own choice of muffler to make more hp.
Looks like no Two Bros. for me :cheers

·
Looking for first R6
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't understand how people think clips from YouTube sound good? They sound like pure crap! I have seen maybe 2-3 videos where they used nice (professional) recording equipment, and man can you tell the difference.

I loved my two brothers. It had a nice deep tone below 6k but after that it was really loud.

from my toaster
That's why I posted this here. I was hoping for some feedback from you guys who obviously have heard multiple exhausts. I don't live in a bigger city, so it's hard for me to get anywhere that has these to hear.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
i guess it all depends on how much you want to spend? i would stay away from the M4 and two brother

my first choice would be the Termignoni with MJS, it sounds really good that i know you won't be disappointed.

my 2nd choice would be the racefit exhaust

1 - 20 of 22 Posts