Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CFO of my house (aka the wife) has said I can have a full exhaust for the bike. Or upgrade to a 2003 R6.

So what would you pick?
Hindle full system
Graves full system
Akrapovic full race
Other suggestions?
Don't even mention D&D

Or a new 2003 R6?

My 2001 has stainless braided front brake lines, Galfer Double H pads, frame sliders, flush mounts front and rear, a blue tinted screen,stickers removed and a decent set of Metzler M1's.

So If I go with the new bike, I have to start all over.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Personally I'd go the Akra.

Seeing as you've done a fair bit to your current bike I'd keep it.

Theres not a lot different besides looks (bling bling factor) & fuel injection. If you like your current bike & it does everything you want & more, why change ?

Maybe push for a steering damper as well. :wink:

·
Registered
293 Posts
personally i would go with the hindle because i think they sound the best. i actually just bought a full hindle system with the race can last week for my 02. ill let you know how it is working once i get it on.
i would also keep the bike you have now with all of the stuff done to it over a new one. basically the only thing that is better is the fuel injection and it is a bit lighter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would def go with the 2003
Did you keep any of the stock stuff when you did all those mods
Change everything that you can back to stock and put that stuff on the 2003.....Fuel Injection and It's Lighter....NO BRAINER FOR ME

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
WOW. This has to be THE oldest "WHAT THE F UCK?!?" thread resurrection madness of all-time on this forum.

Didn't any of you three KNUCKLEHEADS notice that the last post before any of yours is from 4 YEARS and 15 days ago???????

Yeah buddy, that's right: 2003.

Dumba$$e$ :D

P.S. Seriously? "New 2003" = DEAD giveaway

·
Chevy Rydin HigH
690 Posts
:drink lmao!

·
Toys are expensive
240 Posts
DAMN!!! you must have been searching the exhaust section for hours to get all the way back to 2003 LMFAO

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Well holey batman thread resurection!! These guys must not have a life or they don't read.

·
Will work for track time
19,494 Posts
RapedApeR6 said:
Go with the 03, cause you just can't beat newer technology. But if you decide to go with the exhaust go with the Graves, cause it has a sound all of it's own. and besides Gravesmotorsports sells you the same system that team Graves Yamaha uses on their AMA bikes and you can't go wrong with that.
:eek: :bash :jacked

·
My R6 Eats Gixxers
1,823 Posts
:dunce: i was 18 when this thread was started :lmao

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
I was a junior as well.

Paytheon.... you gotta be messin with us just to see if we're paying attention.

Obviously some people weren't

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
That guy hasn't posted since 08 14 2006 at 1219 pm. I don't think that we're going to find our what his desicion was.

Darn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can't decide what to do this weekend. Should I go see the newly released Lost Boys or get the brand new kick ass '87 Suzuki Bandit?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
thord said:
Can't decide what to do this weekend. Should I go see the newly released Lost Boys or get the brand new kick ass '87 Suzuki Bandit?
HAHAHAHA! classic...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I was a sophomore in high school...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts