Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help on figuring out what is going on with my 05. so back last year my battery froze up on me and i didnt have the money to get a new one, so my bike sat for about 3 months it was toward the end of winter and then i got a new battery in her and started riding her, then i had the issue of id be in the middle of riding, either down a normal road doing 35-45 or on the highway doing 70+ and the bike would just stall and lose all power, let it sit for a little bit and its fine. any idea what could be causing it?

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
Sounds like it could be a wiring issue. Possibly a loose ground connection. To start, check both sides of the battery cables to make sure they are secured.

What do you mean when you say, "so back last year my battery froze up on me"?

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
the 2nd gens also had a lot of random stalling issues that was caused by faulty throttle position sensors.
had it happen to my buddy. starts out randomly stalling (but always starts back up right away) after about a year of this it didn't want stay running unless holding the throttle open. thats when he finally tried to fix it.
put my tps on his bike and it quit acting up. so he bought a new one. they're pretty expensive so download the manual and test it first. and don't bother trying the cleaning trick. it's not dirt causing issues its a short.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts