Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hope you can assist me with the r6

I recently bought a r6 in a rough state at a pawn dealer, 59k km on the clock. The bike was running when I bought it, although it needed some playing with the throttle to start, it ran on all 4 but did sound a bit rough/out of synch..

Anyway I stripped the side off to check out the clutch(There was a noise at idle), and replace the broken spring washers in there, drained oil and coolant, removed fuel pump and cleaned strainer...put everything back. Could not get the bike to start for 2 days, removed fuel pump again and put the o-ring inside the fuel pump in its correct place(that was my fault for not paying attention when I assembled the pump), when I put it back I could here the pump building up pressure nicely, I got it to start for 6 sec then it cut off, got it running again for about 1 min on 2 cylinders, then the third cylinder joined in and then finally the 4th, but the 4th would come and go. The bike stalled again and after this I cannot get it started again.

Do you guys think it’s spark related or maybe i’m still not getting enough fuel pressure? Thinking of replacing all 4 plugs tomorrow as that is something i have not done,

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
159 Posts
Have you seen if the ecu has a report any error?

Have you checked the ignition coils?

Regards.

P.D: The clutch usually makes noise in the r6 it disappears when you press the clutch lever, it could make a video of the motorcycle in motion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Regards.

P.D: The clutch usually makes noise in the r6 it disappears when you press the clutch lever, it could make a video of the motorcycle in motion.
Hey Jlcr,

Ok so what I have done so far is checked and measured all the coils and they all are in spec, I also put a new set of spark plugs.

The only error I get is “14”, I have checked for cracks in the hoses and couldn’t find any, but if I understand correctly the bike should still run with that error? Please correct me if I am wrong

I have done the diag test on all primary and secondary injectors and could hear them all “click”

I could get the bike running again after putting new plugs but it still didn’t sound right, only if I rev it above 5k, did it actually sound like its running on all 4,

I have a suspicion that it’s valve clearance, so I took the bike to a shop to sort the clearance and then we’ll see when I get it back if that hopefully sorts the problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Regards.

Hey Jlcr,

Ok so what I have done so far is checked and measured all the coils and they all are in spec, I also put a new set of spark plugs.

The only error I get is “14”, I have checked for cracks in the hoses and couldn’t find any, but if I understand correctly the bike should still run with that error? Please correct me if I am wrong

I have done the diag test on all primary and secondary injectors and could hear them all “click”

I could get the bike running again after putting new plugs but it still didn’t sound right, only if I rev it above 5k, did it actually sound like its running on all 4,

I have a suspicion that it’s valve clearance, so I took the bike to a shop to sort the clearance and then we’ll see when I get it back if that hopefully sorts the problem

·
Registered
159 Posts
This error refers to the sensor tubes
intake air pressure. Yes, your motorcycle can work with this error but surely it is the culprit of the problem, since if the sensor malfunctions the ecu will not make a correct air-gasoline mixture, and that could cause a sudden idle etc ...

Could it have an obstruction? In any case, check the status of the sensor with a multimeter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This error refers to the sensor tubes
intake air pressure. Yes, your motorcycle can work with this error but surely it is the culprit of the problem, since if the sensor malfunctions the ecu will not make a correct air-gasoline mixture, and that could cause a sudden idle etc ...

Could it have an obstruction? In any case, check the status of the sensor with a multimeter.
Thanx Jlcr i’ll have a closer look at the sensor and remove the lines too have a better look at what is going on, for now i’ll have too wait until I get the bike back

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
**If this is a second generation bike, can enter diagnostic mode and read the sensors.

The great thing is that the code is consistent. This makes testing much easier. In addition to diagnostic mode**, there's certain methodology that can be used to help determine what specifically is not functioning as intended.

For example...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts