Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I can't seem to get my bike into Neutral when I come to a stop... I have to turn the bike of and then put it into Neutral....

Also When I Come to a stop and hold the clutch level to stop the bike, It will still roll slowly not fully wanting to stop when I am holding the clutch level in, What is going on?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is dragging a bit ( not fully dis-engaging drive ) Try adjusting the lever to see if it helps. You can try the adjuster next to the clutch lever itself, remember to keep a small amount of free play for the lever though

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
525 Posts
Like others have said, try adjusting the lever at the bars. Twist the big metal adjustment wheel and make sure there is plenty of slack in that cable when the lever is let out. See if that makes a difference.

If not, you'll want to look into your clutch. Maybe the springs are in need of replacing. Does it make any difference if the bike is warmed up? It's normal for there to be a bit more clutch drag when the oil is cool as it's thicker, but this usually goes away once things are warm.

I've noticed my bike will sometimes skip neutral, especially when it's getting closer to the end of the oil life. Changing to fresh oil usually fixes it. If you find it's jumping straight from 1st to 2nd, and back to 1st, try this: apply a bit of pressure with your foot but not enough to jump to the next gear, then blip the throttle a bit. That usually helps it jump into neutral.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
"Motorcycle girl" stated in an earlier thread (wanting help), that he's a guy and just wanted more people to respond to his posts.
I for one, ain't responding to any of his threads till he changes that friggin username. It's just creepy.

·
Pobrecitos
19,888 Posts
"Motorcycle girl" stated in an earlier thread (wanting help), that he's a guy and just wanted more people to respond to his posts.
I for one, ain't responding to any of his threads till he changes that friggin username. It's just creepy.
OMFG!!!! :bowroll...:roll...:hammer....:laugh...I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing my ass off! Wow...

Dude is strange and I no faith in humanity anymore...:laugh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.