Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is with me but launching a 600 didn't agree with me. Tried everywhere from 6k to 10k rpms. Best 60 FT managed was. 2.0x. I know issue lies in feathering the clutch rpms just drop once I move. I don't have the slips in front of me but few 2.1,2.2 60s best pass managed was 11.2xx at 128. 100% stock bike down to stock filter and exhaust

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
try a 15 tooth upfront. Should be able to leave much much easier. You want to leave at 10k... not any less

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
More rpm, More clutch worked for me. My PB on bone stock 07 was 11.29 @ 128mph. I was also weighed around 235 pounds without gear at the time.

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not that important to me to start changing parts for drag. I'm a circuit guy and just decided to take her to the strip.

Like I said I know the problem is with me and clutch work. Even leaving at 10k once I move my rpms drop to about 3k. I know it's my clutch work. Owell I guess times are not terriable for the first time with the 6

·
4,811 Posts
More rpm, More clutch worked for me. My PB on bone stock 07 was 11.29 @ 128mph. I was also weighed around 235 pounds without gear at the time.
Thats pretty good for a clydesdale. :D Stock I could only get a 1.8 out of the bike for a short time. But saw a whole string of 6.9s in the 1/8. Changed out the front sprocket and got a 1.71 first pass & some 6.8s and 104mph. Im 200 in gear

·
4,811 Posts
It's not that important to me to start changing parts for drag. I'm a circuit guy and just decided to take her to the strip.

Like I said I know the problem is with me and clutch work. Even leaving at 10k once I move my rpms drop to about 3k. I know it's my clutch work. Owell I guess times are not terriable for the first time with the 6
1 tooth off the front costs $25 tops. And it can still work in road racing unless youre at a really fast track that never sees below 2nd gear.

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give it a shot with gearing. Big change for me not launching a turbo bike without launch control lol. Got to love those good boxes ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
the best thing for launching will be lowering the bike. It wouldn't be too bad to just switch out links in the rear and strap the front end when going to the track. I'm 10.5's all stock with lowered rear and i'm going to strap the front this season along with a few other mods to hopefully get into the 9s....if it ever stops snowing up here so i can get my bike out...

·
4,811 Posts
the best thing for launching will be lowering the bike. It wouldn't be too bad to just switch out links in the rear and strap the front end when going to the track. I'm 10.5's all stock with lowered rear and i'm going to strap the front this season along with a few other mods to hopefully get into the 9s....if it ever stops snowing up here so i can get my bike out...
what kinda 60' are you pulling on a lowered bike? 330? Strapping the front is hokey as the OP isnt going for fastest et...just wants to get to turn one fastest.

·
Parts Pimp
26,464 Posts
I setup a pretty cool launch map for 1st gear for our racer WildBill420, but if your problem is bogging vs wicked wheelies, it won't really help you out. Like you said, it's clutch work you need to work on.

·
Registered
203 Posts
what kinda 60' are you pulling on a lowered bike? 330? Strapping the front is hokey as the OP isnt going for fastest et...just wants to get to turn one fastest.
I just dug up a few time slips. Not my fastest but:
60ft 1.7
330 4.55
1/8 6.87 @106.5
1000' 8.88 @121
1/4 10.59 @131

Last summer was my first time racing my bike and I didn't get to the track much because of work. I know there's still room for improvement with seat time.

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
Thats pretty good for a clydesdale. :D Stock I could only get a 1.8 out of the bike for a short time. But saw a whole string of 6.9s in the 1/8. Changed out the front sprocket and got a 1.71 first pass & some 6.8s and 104mph. Im 200 in gear
Clydesdale :lmao I've dropped around 30 pounds since then but am no longer interested in going fast unless it is on the side of the tire... Street sucks too now I've found the track. :beerchug

OP, I was leaving the line well above 10,000 rpm and riding/feathering the clutch half way through 1st gear. It was the only way to prevent bogging with my fat ass, and to beat my skinny mates on bigger bikes... :lmao

·
4,811 Posts
I just dug up a few time slips. Not my fastest but:
60ft 1.7
330 4.55
1/8 6.87 @106.5
1000' 8.88 @121
1/4 10.59 @131

Last summer was my first time racing my bike and I didn't get to the track much because of work. I know there's still room for improvement with seat time.
you got great et & mph. Im betting with a few minor tweaks you can get to 135. Few more psi in the front... shallow stage. :cheers

·
4,811 Posts
I setup a pretty cool launch map for 1st gear for our racer WildBill420, but if your problem is bogging vs wicked wheelies, it won't really help you out. Like you said, it's clutch work you need to work on.
is it just the map or did you guys use a 2 step or map switch?

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok here are the break of 2 slips. Not sure if you guys are ready for these 60ft times lol

60ft-2.12
330-5.129
1/8-7.52
Mph-102.64
1000-9.596
1/4-11.38
Mph-126.19

60-2.03
330-4.99
1/8-7.37
Mph-103.58
1000-9.428
1/4-11.172
Mph-129.14

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ant yes hit it on the head. Either bogging down hard like drops to like 3k rpms or picking the front wheel up a bit. It was really for fun I prefer my right and lefts but I for sure will go back to the strip soon

Also was getting crazy wobbles 3rd to 4th. Again my doing with the weight transfer during shifting

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Whoa, that 60'.... :eek5

You need to feed that bitch some gas and work that clutch homeslice! Launch at like 12k and judiciously let the clutch out! Dont dump it, but 2.0 60's are all bad.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Ant yes hit it on the head. Either bogging down hard like drops to like 3k rpms or picking the front wheel up a bit. It was really for fun I prefer my right and lefts but I for sure will go back to the strip soon

Also was getting crazy wobbles 3rd to 4th. Again my doing with the weight transfer during shifting
Shifting you should not be moving anything other than you foot and right wrist, slightly. Go GP, preload the shifter, and ever so slightly blip the throttle. By third gear, you should be locked on around that gas tank and behind the bubble.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts