Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Whoa, that 60'.... :eek5

You need to feed that bitch some gas and work that clutch homeslice! Launch at like 12k and judiciously let the clutch out! Dont dump it, but 2.0 60's are all bad.
You don't say lol. It's my clutch work for sure I know I'm at fault. Very different for me. First time ever at a drag strip with launch control and boost. Don't ask why I can't launch a 6. I have zero issues leaving on the drag bike gtx35r busa. Idk maybe it's the magic launch control and traction control on that cool gold box ;)

Attachments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
You don't say lol. It's my clutch work for sure I know I'm at fault. Very different for me. First time ever at a drag strip with launch control and boost. Don't ask why I can't launch a 6. I have zero issues leaving on the drag bike gtx35r busa. Idk maybe it's the magic launch control and traction control on that cool gold box ;)
Yeah, any asshole can work a drag bike with a launch, two step, and a bar, especially with a slider/lockup. Working a 6 off the line with the left and right hand is an art, and its all in practice. Especially when it comes time to cut a light.

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I guess to a point. Like I said I'm a circuit guy I was just bored and seeing what she could do. I will take it again to get better at launching but nothing to serious. IMO not meant really for the strip anyway feel much better home on a circuit. Don't have an event till this weekend at summit point and wanted to take her out for some fun

·
Registered
203 Posts
you got great et & mph. Im betting with a few minor tweaks you can get to 135. Few more psi in the front... shallow stage. :cheers
I'm definitely losing some weight this year too. I bought a spare wheel to switch out when I go to the track, a lighter rear tire (shinko hook up), aluminum sprocket instead of steel, agg racing titanium sprocket nuts, lightweight rear rotor, and a lightweight battery.

I'm also adding a lowering strap, quick shifter, any anything else I find to blow my money on.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
I'm definitely losing some weight this year too. I bought a spare wheel to switch out when I go to the track, a lighter rear tire (shinko hook up), aluminum sprocket instead of steel, agg racing titanium sprocket nuts, lightweight rear rotor, and a lightweight battery.

I'm also adding a lowering strap, quick shifter, any anything else I find to blow my money on.
That hookup is legit. We've run it for a bit now and NEVER had it slip. The test will be on saturday though.... All of those are great mods to start, but air shift is going to be better than quick shift.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
what kinda MPH does that barge clock? :D

Used to do alot of street racing on a stock wheel base bike. Was fun getting laughed at for riding a "shortie"... much to some riders chagrin. :lmao

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Believe me I know there shitty 60. No argument there

Who said anything about a delay box? Hope your not thinking the gold box in the drag bike is a delay box
I was soap boxing. I know its not a delay box. :laugh We've spent a little bit of time drag racing..... exclusively 600s. Well, 600s, 636s, and now a 674...

Practice practice practice!!!

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Turboblew,
Haven't got that many clean runs. Been getting bitched at for not doing a license test yet. Best it's seen was 181mph average 175-180ish. I'm at the point where I'm don't want to ride it anymore. I'm 140lbs soaking wet on a good day. Peace of mind with me with it is the motec and awesome traction control

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Haven't got that many clean runs. Been getting bitched at for not doing a license test yet. Best it's seen was 181mph average 175-180ish. I'm at the point where I'm don't want to ride it anymore. I'm 140lbs soaking wet on a good day. Peace of mind with me with it is the motec and awesome traction control
Wow, they let you run that unlicensed.... I thought our track was sketchy...:laugh

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was soap boxing. I know its not a delay box. :laugh We've spent a little bit of time drag racing..... exclusively 600s. Well, 600s, 636s, and now a 674...

Practice practice practice!!!
Yes sir. I may be hitting you up for a few pointers for 6 lol

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Yes sir. I may be hitting you up for a few pointers for 6 lol
The best pointer I can give you, PRACTICE! You can't learn clutch work any other way, my friend.

·
Torn 1320 vs turning
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wow, they let you run that unlicensed.... I thought our track was sketchy...:laugh
Certain tracks my dude. On a track in bum**** Pa. We brought 3 cars down no cage or shoot, all mid to low 8s. There response was if you get loose get out of it other than that have fun lol

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Certain tracks my dude. On a track in bum**** Pa. We brought 3 cars down no cage or shoot, all mid to low 8s. There response was if you get loose get out of it other than that have fun lol
:laugh Right on. That would never fly here. I ran a 9.99 on our ninja and they booted me for not having a license after 1 pass.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Well, I gotta bail, but good luck. Shoot me a pm any time. You can check out my 674 drag build too, if you want. Got a few mods on that one now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That hookup is legit. We've run it for a bit now and NEVER had it slip. The test will be on saturday though.... All of those are great mods to start, but air shift is going to be better than quick shift.
I know air shift is best, but can't afford it right now. I'm most likely going to pre-load the shifter and use the horn button for the engine kill with my PCIII if I can get that setup to work. It was still snowing up here yesterday so I've got some time to figure it out lol.

I've been following your build thread and can't wait for the track results!

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Turboblew,
Damn you are little. :secret I have to renew my nhra license some day.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts