Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I know air shift is best, but can't afford it right now. I'm most likely going to pre-load the shifter and use the horn button for the engine kill with my PCIII if I can get that setup to work. It was still snowing up here yesterday so I've got some time to figure it out lol.

I've been following your build thread and can't wait for the track results!
I think you can just get the MPS stutter box and just not hook it up to an air shift solenoid. You'll still be able to horn stutter it, and be able to add the shifter later, youll just have to set your kill time pretty high. You could even get the auto stutter box and just preload the shifter, but that's kinda asking for trouble if you ask me. The auto stutter box does work great though, you just have to halve the rpm number to figure out your pill number.

·
Registered
74 Posts
11.2 isn't that bad for a 600. The best I ever did on my gsxr 600 was an 11.0. I feel like I could go a tad bit quicker on the R6, but I don't want to bake the clutch practicing at the dragstrip. I'm a roadracer, so having the best launch ain't gonna help me if I can't figure out how to go fast in the corners.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
11.2 isn't that bad for a 600. The best I ever did on my gsxr 600 was an 11.0. I feel like I could go a tad bit quicker on the R6, but I don't want to bake the clutch practicing at the dragstrip. I'm a roadracer, so having the best launch ain't gonna help me if I can't figure out how to go fast in the corners.
Unless you are some kinda corner speed prodigy... getting left on the grid aint gona help your racecraft either. :sing

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Unless you are some kinda corner speed prodigy... getting left on the grid aint gona help your racecraft either. :sing
:werd. A lot of races out this way are won from the front, like all of them. :laugh. Better to be out front from the start than to fight through the pack ... And the locals aren't slow on their launches...:fact

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
11.0 on a bone stock 600 is not gonna leave you high and dry on the grid at all.
Youre correct... but if you can only claim that # if you can run that each & every time, right off the trailer.
I hear guys saying "I run X:xx lap-time time at X track" but when you look at their race record, they ran that claimed PB once in a low turnout grid with ideal conditions.
There are guys that can run out laps 2-4 seconds faster than my flying lap PB. :lmao

Also look at a race where the top 5 are within a second of each other... total race times being super close.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Youre correct... but if you can only claim that # if you can run that each & every time, right off the trailer.
I hear guys saying "I run X:xx lap-time time at X track" but when you look at their race record, they ran that claimed PB once in a low turnout grid with ideal conditions.
There are guys that can run out laps 2-4 seconds faster than my flying lap PB. :lmao

Also look at a race where the top 5 are within a second of each other... total race times being super close.
:werd Average lap times speak more than PBs to me.... Everyone has a good day once in a while..:laugh

41 - 47 of 47 Posts