Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd give you guys a second update before I left, in saying that my insurance just called and said "You are now high risk" and he didn't even know about the ticket I just got either. So, pretty much I'm now kicked off my parents insurance, and will have to have my own, and that means no motorcycle... so I really need your guys' advice in deciding whether to keep the bike and pay it off (just not ride it), or to sell it and get it over with. I'm really in a big pinch, and it's so cheap because there are stupid people out there that can't drive worth balls, but I get penalized just because a little speed. I haven't killed anyone, and as we are probably all familiar with... good drivers still get punished. I've had no collisions, none... cheap crap I tell ya...

Thanks...
-Solace

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just how much is a little speed??? Where all six violations speeding tickets??

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
if i was you i would keep it. i would try to find a way to pay it off if you have a loan on the bike. maybe your parents could help you on that. if they could then just get liability type of insurance. you will be gone to boot camp for a while so no sense in getting full coverage just keep it in a safe place. like chained up in your parents garage or something.

·
looking for more curves
1,881 Posts
redneck_r6 said:
Just how much is a little speed??? Where all six violations speeding tickets??
good questions.... Speeding Tickets will get weight so much more no matter how fast you were going..... it sucks.....

Hope that you make out in the end... 3 years they will be off your record... I think....

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
DINO_ONE said:
You didn't learn after the 1st 3? Slow your @ss down I know it's hard but at least you can still ride your bike. You have to use your head? How old are you
:stupic
No sh!t, SIX violations. Between my 6 and my 300ZX that I used to have I only have three tickets, all speeding, and that is a span of nearly 5 years. Only one of those was on the 6, 75 in a 65.

Learn some SELF-RESTRAINT.

·
Registered
68 Posts
how did u get 6 tickets? i thought we're only allowed 4points on our driving record. if u go over 4 points they're going to suspend your licence. that's what that traffic school guy told us when i attended one.

·
Registered
712 Posts
z31maniac said:
DINO_ONE said:
You didn't learn after the 1st 3? Slow your @ss down I know it's hard but at least you can still ride your bike. You have to use your head? How old are you
:stupic
No sh!t, SIX violations. Between my 6 and my 300ZX that I used to have I only have three tickets, all speeding, and that is a span of nearly 5 years. Only one of those was on the 6, 75 in a 65.

Learn some SELF-RESTRAINT.
I ain't trying to bust on you or anybody.....but that is true....after the second ticket you would think to slow down just a little don't you think?? I've only had one ticket in six years of driving and that was an "exebition of speed" (i was doing a burnout in our drag car) and that was when i was 16. Self-restraint.......it'll help you avoid being a "high - risk" driver.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It comes to a point when you have to give up all that kiddie s*it, grow up stop speeding and if you do speed use your head about it, flying past a cop at 100 mph is not a good idea............. :poke :poke :poke

·
Registered
67 Posts
My .02 cents.. If your on your parents insurance, you probably shouldnt have a motorcycle.. That said, I havent had a speeding ticket since I was 17 (nearly 7 years).. Its pretty damn hard to get a speeding ticket, I mean 6................................................ Unless they are tickets for National Parks (twisties), you should probably sell your bike...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok.. My bad if they werent all speeding tickets.. But most MINOR moving violations get reduced to a parking ticket (no points).. It usually takes around 12+ points to lose your license, speeding is generally 2-4 points..

·
Hold My Beer & Watch This
43 Posts
Had a license for 7 years, recevied 6 tickets. 5 for speeding, 1 for riding the 6 without a license (got throwen out of court when I showed up with a license).

1st speeding ticket: mothers subaru forester - 72 in a 55
2nd speeding ticket: my hyundi accent - 60 ina 45 (didn't see the speed zone change.
3rd speeding ticket: 45 in 30 - I was only going 40, cop siad he got me 45.
4th speeding ticket: 80 in 55 - first ticket on the 6. I'm lucky, i had the urge to realy open the throttle - i deserved this on - open road I was flying and got cauht.
5th speeding ticked: 70 in 55 - 2nd on the 6. this one pisses me off. same road as the previous ticket. i'm stuck behind some dick in a beat up old pickup with shit thats about fall out the back, he's going 40 in a 55. I look ahead, there are headlightd in the distance - plenty time to pass on the 6. Drop it a couple of gears open the throttle, pass the guy, hit 70 while passing, get in front of the guy, drop backto 60. the headlights in the distance - a cop. gets for 70 in a 55. I know by law that you can't exceed the speed limit when passing, but shit. I am more than willing to accept shit when I do something wrong (tickets #2 and 4). but this one was BS.

OK thats my bitch and wine session for the night.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just can't say how hard it is later in life to take care of these things. I'm 35 haven't had a license for 14 years cause of driving violations. Just got it back the other day and I'm keeping it. No more crazy sh*t. Was still riding till i got pulled for speeding in my Riviera. $3000 later I'm legal after 14 years. Slow your ass down or sell the bike if you can't.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Not trying to piss anyone off, but Strowrum's thoughts are exactly the problem.

Why is 72 in a 55 a BS ticket?

My two tickets in my Z were 53 in a 35, still a stupid high school kid.
And my other was 83 in a 65, luckily for me I had JUST shut it down or he would have had me at 135 in a 65.

My point is breaking the law is not someone else's fault, and BTW I am not saying I never twist open the throttle my bike sees triple digit speeds quite regularly, it just gets aggravating to hear "I wasn't doing anything wrong." Just because you don't agree with the law doesn't give you free reign to ignore it. I fully acknowledge that if a cop catches me doing 120 down some backroad I'm probably going to jail and will most likely lose my license.

Sorry for being a F#$%er about this one...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
If I were you I would sell the bike, put the money away and buy a new one when you get back. You seem to have a problem with self control on your bike and it's getting you in trouble.
Might be a good idea to cool your heels for a while and use basic training to mature a little bit.
(Not saying you're immature, just saying you WILL grow up a lot in basic)

Lack of self control on a bike is a bad thing bro, and I don't want to see you hurt or dead.
If the limit is 40, and you're doing 55, that's an accident waiting to happen. Cagers are stupid and you're a target.

Just my old-school opinion, but it seems to work for me. I've been street riding 21 years and had 1 ticket on a bike. 72 in a 55.

Pick the right places to go fast, and respect the street for what it is.

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
TexasR6 said:
If I were you I would sell the bike, put the money away and buy a new one when you get back. You seem to have a problem with self control on your bike and it's getting you in trouble.
Might be a good idea to cool your heels for a while and use basic training to mature a little bit.
(Not saying you're immature, just saying you WILL grow up a lot in basic)

Lack of self control on a bike is a bad thing bro, and I don't want to see you hurt or dead.
If the limit is 40, and you're doing 55, that's an accident waiting to happen. Cagers are stupid and you're a target.

Just my old-school opinion, but it seems to work for me. I've been street riding 21 years and had 1 ticket on a bike. 72 in a 55.

Pick the right places to go fast, and respect the street for what it is.
:cheers :cheers

I have been driving for 15yrs and have only had 2 tickets for speeding, and that was over ten yrs ago. If I was on my parents ins. and had 6 tickets my Dad would have kicked the living shit out of me and I would have been on my two feet. Slow your A$$ down before you kill someone or your self.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I understand were he's coming from with all these tickets and Crazyiness... Don't know how old you are but when I first got my liscence I was having a good old time doing crazy shit, getting caught by the cops a few times and shit like that, and I had the same attitude as he did ( I was about 16-17, Had around 5 tickets & 1 Hit & run, got taken off parents ins. liscence suspended 2 times for 6 months, fines, etc.etc.) I can say now that I was stupid. You may not realize it now if you are young, but Trust me it all comes back to you. Insurance is a bitch, Can't get a job @ dealerships, etc. because I'm high risk. Insurance is a bitch.Insurance companies won't even give me coverage, & I've had a clean record for 3 years. And did I say Insurance is a Bitch! I'm 21 now and things are kinda getting better but I see now that it really wasn't worth it!! And don't blame other people for your mistakes, you took a chance and got caught.

So be safe, hang on to the bike if you can, and respect the rules of the road.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.