Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm not even trying to do it on purpose!

I have an 05 R6, owner before me did the sprocket conversion, power commander, etc. When I go out riding with my buddy on his bone stock 03 CBR600, I can't keep up with him at all. The problem is that my bike has the tendency to just start doing a wheelie every time I get on the gas, even if I roll onto it gently.

I don't mean a full blown wheelie, front wheel 2 feet in the air, but it leans back enough that it makes it kind of scary/hard to control the bike because the front end has like zero traction. My buddy was laughing when we came back because he thought I was trying to pop wheelies on purpose since every time we took off, my front tire would lift up.

I keep trying to lean forward when I accelerate to prevent this, but it still does it. Is there a technique to avoid this? It's making it really difficult for me to keep up with him because any time the road slightly curves or anything, I have to let off so the bike comes down. I haven't phased out the possibility that I'm just being a big pussy over it, too.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
What size sprockets are on the bike?

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
:lmao Sounds like a personal problem

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is it the high rev edition, that could be causing it...

:toocool:

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Oh fcking A... there goes the thread. :nono

:laugh

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
honestly, I'm not really sure what the sprocket sizes are since I'm a newb to bikes mostly and I'm not interested in mods yet. Something like -1,+2 sounds right

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
honestly, I'm not really sure what the sprocket sizes are since I'm a newb to bikes mostly and I'm not interested in mods yet. Something like -1,+2 sounds right
There should be a number on the side of the sprocket if he installed it that way. If he installed it the other way you need to count the teeth.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,250 Posts
What are the sag settings, the damping settings, and your weight?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Probably a r7 not an r6.
I wish, those were fcuking sick. Too bad Yamaha never really sold them to the public. Imagine a 135 hp R6 right out of the box. The word on the street is that race kitted R7s were in the 180hp range.... OH MY FCUK.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts