Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to buy some canyon dancers to help with tying down the bikes next track season. Would you recommend the original canyon dancers or the canyon dancer 2 with the cups? I worry about how far to the end of the bar the 2's cups are.

Opinions? Recommendations?

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I have the original and they have done just fine. I do remember reading negative things about the cups but I can't recall where or why that was sorry.

·
Super Mod
1,289 Posts
pitbull restraints, cost a little more money, but the ease of it is amazing.

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
I have the original and they work fine. A wheel chock always help to keep the front wheel straight too. If the clip ons turn at all when you hit a bump the dancers will need to be re tightened or the bike will lean. Not a big deal though.

They did start to eat up my driven grips a bit, but those were soft and not a fault of the dancers.

·
12,482 Posts
Are the wheel chocks easy to install in a pickup bed? Are they easily removable? I'm thinking of buying either the Canyon Dancers or a wheel chock.... Can't decide tho.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are the wheel chocks easy to install in a pickup bed? Are they easily removable? I'm thinking of buying either the Canyon Dancers or a wheel chock.... Can't decide tho.
Would like an answer in how easily installed/removable wheel chocks are. I think those and CDs would be perfect.

·
12,482 Posts
Would like an answer in how easily installed/removable wheel chocks are. I think those and CDs would be perfect.
Bump for an answer!
:laugh

I want a wheel chock only if it's easily removable... I don't haul the bike a lot, so having a permanant fixture in the Ranger bed isn't worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Bump for an answer!
:laugh

I want a wheel chock only if it's easily removable... I don't haul the bike a lot, so having a permanant fixture in the Ranger bed isn't worth it.
If you get a Baxley you don't have to anchor it down, just put the bike in it and tie down the motorcycle and you are good to go.

·
12,482 Posts

·
12,482 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CD2s are way better than the CD1s. baxleys and PTRs are way better than CDs.
Considering I can get 2 CDs for $45 or so and Pitbull restraints are $280 each... I know which I'd like. That and we don't want to drill too many holes through the pickup's bed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts