Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have videos of a nicely set-up car, maybe +/- 400rwhp with some suspension tuning/mods done, vs a 600cc sport bike or literbike on a road course/track? I've been interested in seeing how well bikes do in the corners vs. a nicely set-up car. I think at low speeds that the cars can outhandle them but I think bikes can power out and lean hard on higher speed turns. Like how a nicely set-up car can pull 1G in the corner, how do bikes hold up to that?

·
Registered
210 Posts
liter bike vs. porsche carrera

i have a video of a yam r1 vs. a Porsch....

basically...the porsch killed in twisties...but the r1 smoked in straight aways....

in the end...the Porsch won..

it is like 16 meg....not sure how to send to you...

·
Registered
951 Posts
that's a sweet vid...

he doesn't mention... a $80k porche beat the bike by .003 seonds. not a $20k camero or whatever. like said above. so that's the difference. you really can't compare bikes and cars. i'd like to see a $10k car race a r1 - both stock.

another note: i'd like to see the r1 moded with $70k and see what happends.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
cdemon said:
that's a sweet vid...

he doesn't mention... a $80k porche beat the bike by .003 seonds. not a $20k camero or whatever. like said above. so that's the difference. you really can't compare bikes and cars. i'd like to see a $10k car race a r1 - both stock.

HAHAHA I can think of a couple of $
10K cars that have eaten my shit....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, that guy in the Porsche vs R1 video was a dick towards bikers. Hmmmm, I figured a bike would keep up better than that in the turns.

Yeah, I've seen the vid of the supercharged Viper vs the Busas, pretty crazy.

·
Registered
836 Posts
In that vid there are a few moments where the rider has to back off or leave his line to make sure the car didn't take him out. He was definitely riding on the safe side of the line. The car driver was driving well past the point of safety and was lucky to stay on the track in one instance.

Then in the final straight, the car blocked the rider from passing.

And it was ONE lap.

There was no way the car could have kept up that level of performance for more than a couple laps. That Porsche would have been a smoking heap on the side of the track after a few laps. Either parts WOULD have failed, or the driver would have wrecked it.

Hardly definitive proof of 4 wheel dominance.

Now... full on racing cars ARE faster than racing motorcycles... specifically due to the tire contact-patch advantage, and the downforce that a race car's body creates.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have some Danish ( ? ) video of an 03 R6 versus an AMG E series Mercedes (400 hp?)kicking around somewhere..... both with professional drivers.... on a race course

The AMG even eats the R6s shit by something like 6 seconds :hump

·
Registered
951 Posts
RSixxr said:
cdemon said:
that's a sweet vid...

HAHAHA I can think of a couple of $
10K cars that have eaten my shit....
yeah but you have always disapointed us. just so i can laugh harder at your what kind of car(s)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.