Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts

TOYOTA HAS ENTERED THE CHAT

That's Yamaha's car right there. Pretty lil thang! Every great high revving engine in a Toyota has had Yamaha involved with the top end.
3M (in that car), 4A, 3S, 1JZ, 2ZZ. I don't THINK they worked on the 2JZ per se, but the 2JZ is a bigger 1JZ.

Funny enough, the 1JZ head is supposed to make better power on the 2JZ than the stock 2JZ head. I don't think it's to do with the 1JZ having a better head, but how air flow changes the torque curve. I know the 22R hybrid was a popular creation. 2.2L 20R head on the 2.4L 1981-1984 22R bottom end was a direct swap. Apparently it made great power but none of us carburetor tweaking, paperclip unbending knuckle draggers could put finger on it.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
997 Posts
Looks nifty but 650hp and only 10.9 1/4 mile? It must weight 4 tons?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
997 Posts
More info....

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
997 Posts
Wish they talked about who made the "revised" tranny and v6. But cool time capsule about the SHO.

·
Registered
2011 R6 Race Bike
118 Posts
I actually used to own a SHO. I loved that thing! Talk about a sleeper.. Of course I had 2 large pipes coming out the back that was not subtle but man that car ripped for its time and look.. I cant tell you how many double takes I would see from people when I started it up. Not to mention all the feelings I used to hurt on the highway with grandmas car.

The good ole days...

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
997 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I know a guy from HS used to race guys with mustang GT and Mitsubishi eclipse turbos/ plymouth eagle talons and keep right up with em

But if you were a badass you had a GMC syclone or the Buick grand national

1 - 10 of 10 Posts