Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Something is wrong with the bike and I have no clue how to fix this...
Ya'll not going to beleive this but if I go hard on the throttle and I do mean exactly when the bike hit 80mph it jumps or the rpms jump...
I have just chill and accelerate to 80 its fine but when I hit it hard it will jump and accelerate.. THIS IS STRANGE...

Mods installed..

BMC Racing Filter
Igition Advancer
GYTR Slipon
Stage 1 Dynojet Kit

I think I am having a jetting problem or my air to gas is the problem but dont know how to fix this problem..

Any ideas or anybody else having this problem..

Its has its advantages and disadvantages...

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
What gear are you in? 2nd? Sounds like it is jumping out of 2nd and coming back in.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I dont know about other people but if you could explain in detail a little more of what your talking about it might help in diagnosing the problem.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what happens...

When I riding I am able to go through all my gears - 1 - 6 without a problem.
The problem is only noticed when I am pushing it - Whenever I turn the throttle hard and I do mean exactly @ 80 the bike tries to take off ( accelerate more or my Rpms Increase all of a sudden ). I thought it was the clutch also but I made sure because it should happen @ other point besides 80.. The bike isn't coming out of gear because it would cause the bike to slow down with isnt happening because the bike is still pulling...

I am just getting random accerleration @ 80....

·
Registered
96 Posts
try doing a carb tune? carb synching, might fix the problem, cuz u r supposed to do it if u install a jet kit, does it also have a rough idle?

·
Registered
448 Posts
So your saying that your RPMs dont really come into play at all its your speed only? Second gear and you hit 80mph, your bike takes off. 3rd gear it does the exact same thing at 80mph? The same for 6th gear? That doesnt make sense to me unless maybe something is stuck into your breather and its not getting good airflow till you reach a certain speed.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So your saying that your RPMs dont really come into play at all its your speed only? Second gear and you hit 80mph, your bike takes off. 3rd gear it does the exact same thing at 80mph? The same for 6th gear? That doesnt make sense to me unless maybe something is stuck into your breather and its not getting good airflow till you reach a certain speed.

Now that is an idea - It might be something in my breather because I did take my upper fairing off and that siliver piece might be the problem..

That and a carb sync is the only thing I can see causing the problem...

If all of a sudden I decide to hit the throttle and hit 80 + in whatever gear it will do that... Thats the best I can describe it sorry - Try hitting 80 in second and then 3rd and then 4th...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts