Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my problem is I own a 2001 Yamaha r6 (03 was first FI) and it is a bi**h to start. Once started and warmed to running tempature it runs great. I've rode it to nashville twice (50 miles) but I can barely ever get it started. We tried to spray either straight to carbs and bike started rIght up .Anyone know why this is so? Also it's getting a small amount of oil into the air box which is causing a small amount of smoke. How do I fix these problems?? I need help quick

·
Registered
126 Posts
what i do on mine is turn the key to on position and let it pump fuel into the carb. the turn off the key then turn the key back to the on position crack the throttle half way then let go of the throttle and press start. some say its the back lash on the valves. if you want it fixed right take it to the dealer because most shops will rip you off and you'll still have the same problem. also when was the last time you cleaned the carbs or had sync. and have you played with the float height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.